Jiffy Lube: oil changes?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
With a slammed car, even Jiffy Lube will not work for you, even though they have the oil change 'pits'. This is because they still have a ridge/lip that rises around the pit opening, my car barely clears it, and you are definitely lower than I am. 2x4's, phone books, whatever - that's the best way in combination with a low-profile racing jack.

CHID0

Reaction score
I can't fit a jack uder my car either so i either have to ise the dangerous scissor jack or cut my wheel and slip the jack under the behind the front wheels and get it under the subframe, I still have to try to lift the car to actually get it under there but i can usually do it by myself.

When i feel like working smarter and not harder, i use the scissor jack under the tow points to start and get the regular jack under the subframe.....

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I can't fit a jack uder my car either so i either have to ise the dangerous scissor jack or cut my wheel and slip the jack under the behind the front wheels and get it under the subframe, I still have to try to lift the car to actually get it under there but i can usually do it by myself.

When i feel like working smarter and not harder, i use the scissor jack under the tow points to start and get the regular jack under the subframe.....

Thanks man. This is exactly what I just did today. My car isn't really that low, it's just the damn xenon lip kit that makes it look ridiculously low. So I just bent the sideskirt up a little and then that scissor jack just barely squeezed in. Jacked that up enough so my normal jack can squeeze in the front, and jack it up from the front.

Sure is a pain in the *** to lift my car now that it's slammed. I really don't wanna do that again lol.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Yes Jiffy Lube has pits. This decreases the time it can take to put the vehicles of lifts. Unfortunately for you (and others) there are "lips" on all sides of the pits to protect the workers from cars being driven into the pits. You're car may be too low and hit the lips. Besides, don't take your car to Jiffy lube! There are way too many horror stories out there.
Yeah, my car was scraping wicked bad on the catalytic converter trying to get into one of those places :skurred:

most shops like that are usually ok with low profile cars.. teh valvoline around me has long ramps to accomidate for my slammed accord..
I'd say not true. :skurred: Some might, but that's if you're lucky.

find/buy some wood. then drive onto it. then you can jack up your car.
Exactly.

drive up on some 2x4's problem solved :)
Exactly.

drive up some phone books to get ur jack under the car.... jiffy lube is $$$
Phones books??? WTF Roy, do you always have to be a noob?? :slap:

Word, I like how people keep saying the same thing after you already advised this information. None the less, good info!

Exactly, freakin idiots :lawl:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Wow i always thought this was common knowledge haha..i guess that is because i never ever change my oil...the cost to pay somebody else is worth the time i save

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wat's wrong with phone books? :eh:

they're free and u're bound to have plenty lying around :coffee:

mista jc

Reaction score
Yup, very good methods there. Since the coilovers came in around March, no shop wanted to even attempt getting my car on their lifts.

Me and a buddy just do our own oil changes now, saves us about $10 each time..

I just drive up onto a set of old, rusted rotors with my front wheels then jack it up. Simple as cake. 2x4s would work, don't know about the phone book haha

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Some phone books would be too thick and you would be right back where you started.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
/begin discussion about the physical properties of the phone book relative to the wheels of a car.

Back