Lets help Matt (AllGOnoSHOW) fix his car in time for I.A.!!!

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
I've got some news!!

Tim, our site sponsor from OEMAcuraParts.com & HondaAcuraPlanet has agreed to donate a hood for Matts car. Only stipulation to this is that we buy the rest of the parts he needs (both front fenders, trunk lid and chrome trim) from him at 25% off list.

He is going to get me an itemized price list to see how much more we'll need to raise.

Right now we are at $190!!

You guys are awesome!

wow Justin, thats awesome news. 6GA has the hookups

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I've got some news!!

Tim, our site sponsor from OEMAcuraParts.com & HondaAcuraPlanet has agreed to donate a hood for Matts car. Only stipulation to this is that we buy the rest of the parts he needs (both front fenders, trunk lid and chrome trim) from him at 25% off list.

He is going to get me an itemized price list to see how much more we'll need to raise.

Right now we are at $190!!

You guys are awesome!

Combined with what Chris has, I hope he is able to get everything he needs in one shot.

Just so we're all clear, I didn't post the link to TAC to start any cross-Forum animosity, there is no need for that.

They didn't know the full story, and I would have to agree, that it could be misunderstood about what the point of the donation thread was about.

So, I don't expect anyone to go register on TAC to start flaming anyone, I am an Admin on there, and that will get dealt with REAL quick.

At the same time, I would hope that with a thread like that, now, or in the future, whether on here or TAC, people would understand that there is usually a much more important purpose to asking fellow member's for a 'sacrifice' when it comes to helping each other out.

slowrider87

Reaction score
alright guys.We all understand everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter and there was some confusion. No one has "commited crimes" or done anything wrong. this is a charity thread not a thread to jump down each others throats and accuse anyone of anything. Not everyone is going to understand why this has been set up, or agree with it. If this happened to their car they could only hope and pray that the community would come together to help them. like the original post said, lets show karma does exist. Those willing to help other will receive help when it is needed. Those who aren't willing, then we should all just sit back, let them do what they do without attacking them or inquiring why they are unwilling to help. Karma will come back around if thats the case.

Matt, How are your headlight lenses? if they are cracked i have an extra set of OEM's laying around. was gonna retro them so they are taken apart for now, but if you need them i'd be happy to reassemble, reseal, and send your way. or i could leave them apart if you wanted to blackhouse and restore the oxidation on the lense, or whatever you'd want.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You're right, Milan, they don't know Matt. But honestly Derek posted the link to this thread for them to actually read, and even though they don't "know" a 6ga member, they could have seen there was more to the story if they even read 70% of what was written. I can see how some things were phrased could throw them off, but what they said was insensitive and without informing themselves, which for the latter reason their opinion is empty. So you're right, we shouldn't care.

Anyway, awesome news Justin, thanks for the update!

Millz

Reaction score
I do find it interesting, because why would we(TAC or 6GA) post up a thread asking people for money to help someone get to a car show!

If they read past that part, or a little further in to things, they would have been able to see it was more than about getting parts for someone to go to a car show....who does that!

You do know there are a number of guys from here that lurk on TAC, that thread was bound to get posted in here eventually. I didn't post it as an attack against Rajin and Justin, I would have hoped they would have either asked or searched to get more facts.

My bad if I didn't post up enough info(I have updated my first post), but at the same time, I would think there would be a little bit more of an understanding that we wouldn't ask people for money/parts just so someone can attend a car show.

My point is the way you referred to the 2 posts in my mind was negative, and all that was done was an opinion given based on the info that you initially gave. Yes it was edited after said comments were made and the situation was explained more clearly and you admitted more info should've been posted. But in retrospect...

Rajin has a 7th gen, and Justin drives a Ford Ranger now. I don't find it unreasonable that they didn't go into greater length and search around. They made a post based on the original thread posted.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Combined with what Chris has, I hope he is able to get everything he needs in one shot.

Just so we're all clear, I didn't post the link to TAC to start any cross-Forum animosity, there is no need for that.

They didn't know the full story, and I would have to agree, that it could be misunderstood about what the point of the donation thread was about.

So, I don't expect anyone to go register on TAC to start flaming anyone, I am an Admin on there, and that will get dealt with REAL quick.

At the same time, I would hope that with a thread like that, now, or in the future, whether on here or TAC, people would understand that there is usually a much more important purpose to asking fellow member's for a 'sacrifice' when it comes to helping each other out.

Derek, i think you've known me long enough that i wouldn't be one to get involved into back and forth comments about things. However being a member of the Admin team on TAC just like you, i would have to say that things would've played out better if some things were left out and some things included(as they are now on your edited thread on TAC). Some things mentioned could've and can still be easily mis-concepted as somewhat of a call-out to TAC for not being understanding and being expected to give such(negative) feedback to this.

I know that you're usually busy with work and of course thats understandable, but as an admin on TAC i try my best and listen to the members we have on there when i can in between work and school and personal life (most of them being the same members that weekly attend our meets on thursdays), whether they are paid or non paid. Having some time to join most of the regulars on chat today though showed quite a lot of disappointment, especially those paid members who support the site, club and events etc seeing that an Admin could be possibly affecting them in a negative way.

The original thread on TAC was actually quite vague, and if i wasn't a part of this forum as well i would've also said "wtf". Yes people can click on the link and then search and try and find out the real story. Keep in mind however, how many people would really do that when they're looking for information in means that is not helpful to them? probably not many.

I was and still am actually a tad disappointed to have seen and read some of the comments made on here about those on TAC who did reply (Rajin & Justin).

Nevertheless, hopefully things such as these do not affect anyone on TAC or on here(6GA).

-Levin

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think the lesson here, is that perhaps we should keep donations for a member specific to the forum said member is on. Otherwise, you get this. Derek had a good idea in trying to give this cause more visibility, I would have expected the same results he did.

UPDATE. All those that sent me money previously totaled to $60. So combined with what Justin has collected, we are at $250!

Millz

Reaction score
You're right, Milan, they don't know Matt. But honestly Derek posted the link to this thread for them to actually read, and even though they don't "know" a 6ga member, they could have seen there was more to the story if they even read 70% of what was written. I can see how some things were phrased could throw them off, but what they said was insensitive and without informing themselves, which for the latter reason their opinion is empty. So you're right, we shouldn't care.

Anyway, awesome news Justin, thanks for the update!

Chris, the thing you read was updated by Derek after the fact. The OP had info left out and was missing some key facts.

Either way, let's move on :D

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
I think the lesson here, is that perhaps we should keep donations for a member specific to the forum said member is on. Otherwise, you get this. Derek had a good idea in trying to give this cause more visibility, I would have expected the same results he did.

UPDATE. All those that sent me money previously totaled to $60. So combined with what Justin has collected, we are at $250!

edit:

maybe not all 3 (couldnt find fenders on the website) but anything helps

Last edited:
Back