Whats Up with Vdubs?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i bet there is a thread like this on every car forum calling every other car brand's owner out...

it's the whole...everyone going faster than me is crazy and everyone going slower than me is a dumbass thing

stupid immature people are gonna buy all kinds of cars....if it were up to me they could buy whatever they want....but need an IQ >100 to come out in public anyway.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
My bestfriend is real cool and all. But when he it comes to his stock Chevy Cobalt, it's better than anything out there. To him. Anything that isn't "American made" is a "sh!tter"....to him.

Most of the kids at my school are all about the TC's and Maxima's. And have the same mentality of my friend.

I just try not to let any of it get to me.

Im an american car freak but i do appreciate every kind off car. Before I got my v6 I was going to get a neon srt-4 and they're owners are the cockiest people in the world. They will challenge an evo, sti, mustang v8, one even tried to race my in my 6 series. But i will give props to them they're fast as hell! power to weight ratio ftw

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just brush it off, don't engage in their idiocy, and keep on keepin on. Who cares.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
^ agree, all i really see is civics and a few younger type peps actn crazy on the highway, normal really i just ride slow and letm go

1slosedan

Reaction score
Hah, I side with the VW people. I would much rather own an MK2 Jetta GLI, a Corrado, or a Scirocco. But guess what, I am young(ish) and need a more reliable/newer car at this point in my life.

I love my Accord, but the VW/European car scene's simplistic modding is beautiful. I go to car's & coffee and see 10 vdubs, maybe 1 has a cheesy body kit. I go to our Honda meets and I am facepalming every 3rd car.

Every time I have rode with stateside euro or any of the Volkswagen groups to shows they are very nice, and accommodating. They are super cool with one another, wave to each other when they drive by each other, they are kind of like Harley riders.

With that being said, I can not think of one time I have passed by a Honda guy I didn't know, and we exchanged thumps up, or whatever. They usually look like they just ate a sour grape.

With all that being said. I like Honda's, Accord's the most because I feel like we are the underdogs. But... VW's don't deserve hate :p

1slosedan

Reaction score

and subie owners make up the most excuses when they lose :lawl:

from my experience, at least. haha.​

So true.. I would say there is a cockiness tie between turbo Cobalt SS owners, and Evolution owners.

While the old guard F-body guys who are running I/H/E/C with a bottle sit back and shake their head, haha. Then procede to beat the most of them.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
a lot of car people wave at each other. subie owners do it, vw owners do it, i've heard of a lot of jeep owners do it. it's just honda owners want to race everyone and are biased that their honda is faster.

it's stock though...

._.

Back