What's the difference?? BRAND DISCUSSION

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
cos megan just copies other reputable companies' designs aka eGay brand aka made in china

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Name brand, quality of materials is usually the biggest difference.

That doesn't mean the cheaper one isn't just as good, it also depends on what your preferences are as well.

There are quite a few people running OBX headers, myself included and I have had no issue with them and they are on the lower end of the price range.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the megan brand started from eGay, so i'll let u be the judge of their quality...

altho they have made some quality improvements over the years (esp for their coilovers), i still wouldn't use them

and yes, DC sports is a reputable brand.. i've been using their header for years now with no issues

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
What ^they said. Plus the DC is ceramic coated which helps reduce under-hood temps, improves thermal efficiency, etc. It also won't tarnish like chrome headers will.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
What ^they said. Plus the DC is ceramic coated which helps reduce under-hood temps, improves thermal efficiency, etc. It also won't tarnish like chrome headers will.

Although thtere have been complaints of it cracking, which, IIRC, is more frequent when people wrap the headers.

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
Thanks guys this is really helpful. So if I was looking to get the most possible power gains from a header what should I get? And also while we're on the subject of Megan parts, would it matter what brand of test pipe/cat converter you got since its just a pipe?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I/H/E will only get you minimal gains, so it is probably more worth your while to determine what your budget is for headers and go from there.

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
Well I've already got a Catback and might be looking to go all the way through with good exhaust parts... How much do you think I'd gain from all those bolt ons? And I've got a pretty good amount of money saved up for my car and don't know what to spend it on...

Back