What's the difference?? BRAND DISCUSSION

Mikey

Reaction score
Great.

As for headers, or anything really, you get what you pay for. Ask around. Ive heard good things about OBX, DC, and Megan. Especially for the 4cyl Hondas.

As per the difference between the two? Almost nothing. Im sure one is made of a different material or mix of different metals, etc etc. Otherwise, it's pretty much brand name. Im not saying they're all the same, but when it comes to baseline, amateur bolt-ons, it's 6 of one, half-a-dozen of another.

Id visit websites or check reviews, testimonials, etc. Try to find bad things on each brand. Then go with the brand with the least complaints.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
welcome to the world of 6ga modding :lawl:

qft

Or car modding, period. Not just 6GA's. Almost any car is going to be expensive to make go faster. Unless you throw nitrous at it but then you risk blowing the damned thing up.

I think his point was that in order to make these cars fast, you have to spend some serious coin, if for no other reason than these cars were designed for economy. Putting an intake or exhaust on a 6GA essentially only adds noise, however putting bolt ons on a Mustang or Camaro yields higher gains because those cars were built for sport, and respond much better to bolt ons. Hell even a 2G TL-S/CL-S responds much better to bolt ons than a 6GA.

I agree though, in general, making any car significantly faster (relative to its factory performance) is expensive.

Mikey

Reaction score
There's a detailed thread over on cb7tuner about how to gain 30hp for $500 or less, on an F22(a1). That right there says enough.

In any case, helping your engine breath better is ALWAYS a step in the right direction.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
There's a detailed thread over on cb7tuner about how to gain 30hp for $500 or less, on an F22(a1). That right there says enough.

In any case, helping your engine breath better is ALWAYS a step in the right direction.

30 hp or 30 whp... a world of difference :coffee:

my setup is making abt +40 whp for less than $2k

Mikey

Reaction score
WHP. And that's also assuming your engine is in tip-top shape, gaskets are replaced, etc etc.

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Ok dc is good but i had the ceramic and it started cracking by the
head after a couple years. All the bolt ons will give you like
10-15 hp and will breath better. But a waste of money if you want
to see a big difference. Just save for turbo or a h swap. At least your
5speed tho. I say save up and get a turbo kit best bang for some quick
Power! Good luck

Back