RR's '99 coupe EX-L

mx5kev

Reaction score
I love the Acura Front end. I wonder if it would be an easy faceswap on our coupé. I wonder even if the different 6th gen front end are swappable. When I look at my Accords, I think it may be possible.

Mikey

Reaction score
YA4

hqdefault.jpg
Hmm.. Wouldn't ya know it, same color and wheels and everything... :lawl:

I love the Acura Front end. I wonder if it would be an easy faceswap on our coupé. I wonder even if the different 6th gen front end are swappable. When I look at my Accords, I think it may be possible.
The only difference between 98-00 and 0102 is the bumpers. Headlights and hoods maybe but pretty sure its just bumpers.

Swapping the dash can be done. Its a massive PITA but it's been done at least.....twice?? Maybe just the once.

Im sure it can be done. But you're probably better off just buying the CL, lol.

mx5kev

Reaction score

The only difference between 98-00 and 0102 is the bumpers. Headlights and hoods maybe but pretty sure its just bumpers.

Swapping the dash can be done. Its a massive PITA but it's been done at least.....twice?? Maybe just the once.

Im sure it can be done. But you're probably better off just buying the CL, lol.

Well, give me a call the day you see a CL in France, it's easier to import frond fenders, hood, bumper and headlights I think ^^

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Accord2Show was talking about trying the 2G CL front end on his coupe, he seemed to think it was a straight swap. Maybe a different cross bar is needed but that's it supposedly.

I only like the CL front end with the TL lip. Actually I prefer the whole car with the TL lip kit, otherwise to me it looks just ok.

And I think he had the same BBK as me too, also in red lol.

I read somewhere the hoods are different, but if so it's not very noticeable so maybe not. Headlights are the same, at least on the front...the rear housing may be gray or black depending.

tknightt
FNCONE
DH48
brad2274

They all swapped to TL or CL dashes. Another guy is in the midst of it, forget his name.

I'd love the CL dash, but the CL seats and other Honda/Acura are actual black and the Accord charcoal interior is dark gray...so the seats won't match the dash/panels unless you paint all that and I just don't trust that paint to hold up on vinyl and plastic for very long with weather and everyday use.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'll let u know how my paint holds up on my interior I used a product called sem sand free it supposibly eats the paint into the plastic. You spray sand free on and while it's wet spray your first coat of color on and wait for it to flash then re coat.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Ah flushness, I have missed you.

temporary_87.jpg

Still haven't done the driver side mirror yet. Lots of house/family activities lately but things are calming down now, should be able to work on it soon and I will try to make somewhat of a DIY.

The spray-on clearbra seems to work, but debris kind of gets "stuck" in it...I'll snap a pic of the front of my side underspoilers. So I think after not too long the mirrors would look scummy with all the dirt/particles that would be stuck on them. Though less would be flying up at the mirrors than at the underspoilers...bottom line is I probably need to give it a try.
Hello VSxx, looking good there as always. :waytogo:

No rush, sir.

I think I get what you mean tho. The spray-on type tends to be soft on its surface, when compared with the film-type material, and it tends to collect /absorb the debris rather than deflecting them like the films do. Well, if that's the case when the renewal (respraying) becomes too often for you, switching it over to the film-type bra might be the way to go. At least, mine has been very solid for years.

What's a YA4?
YA4

hqdefault.jpg

And I think he had the same BBK as me too, also in red lol.
Wow!!
That's your real younger sister, Chris! :boink:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Halfway through with the driver side mirror. Just need to run the heating wires through the loom with the folding motor and adjustment wires then tape up the loom at both ends of the motor housing. Then I can put the innards back in the housing and bolt it on the car.

Waxed it a couple nights ago, my paint is really aging. :( Sad to say the clearcoat is failing in a few areas and there are lots of scratches various places. The lower portion of the hood and bumper are riddled with chips. But that's what happens, the car is my DD afterall. I plan to take it to a professional detailer sometime soon, I think the right person could do wonders for it.

Looks good from far away. :lawl:

temporary_89.jpg

kn0x47

Reaction score
mirror looks good.

yeah my paint is just as bad. there's actually an area on the roof where you can see the primer. dunno how the paint thinned out that much

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Halfway through with the driver side mirror. Just need to run the heating wires through the loom with the folding motor and adjustment wires then tape up the loom at both ends of the motor housing. Then I can put the innards back in the housing and bolt it on the car.

Waxed it a couple nights ago, my paint is really aging. :( Sad to say the clearcoat is failing in a few areas and there are lots of scratches various places. The lower portion of the hood and bumper are riddled with chips. But that's what happens, the car is my DD afterall. I plan to take it to a professional detailer sometime soon, I think the right person could do wonders for it.

Looks good from far away. :lawl:

temporary_89.jpg

You should really invest in a daily driver after all the work that has went into this thing. I'll tell you, it seems impractical at first and the hassle of driving back to your house if you wanted to switch cars, but wow it's nice. Having something that you don't care if people ding up in parking lots, leave it parked where you want, drive it in whatever the weather throws your way. etc... It's such a nice feeling.

As for the pant/detailing situation, you might be able to save it for now. Not indefinitely, but for a bit longer. You can compound it and possibly paint seal it where the clear is failing. Where the paint is starting to dull, you can probably compound that and bring it back up. I can bring my DA to the meet and see if it can do anything for you. If it can't, it won't harm your paint.

mirror looks good.

yeah my paint is just as bad. there's actually an area on the roof where you can see the primer. dunno how the paint thinned out that much

Is that why you wrapped it? My paint was getting very thin before it was resprayed as well

Back