RR's '99 coupe EX-L

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Few things I wanted to post:

1. Mirrors look good on there, looks like they matched the paint perfectly.
2. Makes you appreciate a 1.5 car garage door opening for each vehicle!
3. Sent you a pm about coilovers.......still. no. response. :coffee:
4. When you got the car part painted, do you know what type of process they used? I read on the MDX Forum about a 4-4-4(primer/paint/clear) process, but that was for painted the plastic bumpers, just wondering what the 'standard' is for re-spraying a car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah he did a better job matching the paint than my old guy who painted the trunk lid. This guy's work is always top notch, he works at Enthusiast Auto's body shop where they paint much higher caliber cars. So that's why I waited 6 weeks or whatever it ended up being haha.

I like having one garage door because sometimes I park the car in there diagonally so I can have it completely inside to work on, like if it's cold or raining. I'm usually not that close, and when I finally sell some of the parts I have taking up space and clean up there will be even more room. :lawl:

I'll message you back, just been slammed at work and renovating our dining room at home so I forgot about it.

Hmm I do not know what the mixture was, sorry. I used to go to his shop and shoot the :poop: a little but he's so busy anymore that doesn't really happen. I assume you're asking because you're considering getting the new ride you may or may not have painted, that will look so good when done. I wish I had the extra money sitting around to get this car reworked...needs dents pulled, rust fixed, and repainted to look its best.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, I am really hoping to get a quality shop that offers a lifetime warranty for a great price. We'll see how that goes.

I would prefer the single door as well for a double car garage, although I have seen a few houses that have individual doors that are 1.5 wide, which is awesome.

Home renos, nice.......'we'(I) will be starting a few projects around the house as well once the warm weather stays consistent.

Mikey

Reaction score
temporary_84.jpg

temporary_80.jpg

temporary_81.jpg
Hm. Those don't LOOK like PFM...

;)

have you seen this? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=191328
i'm not sure it'll help you tho unless you find a wiring diagram for the cb7
After 5 years on here, I finally see someone post from cb7tuner. Warms my heart. Lol.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I was going to do the RSX mirror DIY that FNCONE posted, until it was found out that UA5 mirrors are bolt-on for coupes. Anyway at that point things became much simpler. When this is over I'll definitely have a couple people to thank. I would have loved to do a write up for you guys but between being slammed at work and getting our dining room remodeled at home, I am behind on getting this project done as it is. If anyone goes to attempt it though, I am more than happy to try and help you.

I have a video but it was from when they were first mounted and still white, plus my creeper face is in it. :lawl: I will get another video!

No, I did not apply the clearbra. Not a bad idea though, I'll think that over.
That's interesting to be UA5's instead of YA4 that I was imagining, as far as the shape of the triangle goes. No rush on the write up though. It's your hobby, so I suggest you don't feel obligated so much. (Gotta eat at home pleasantly in order to willingly do the write up, right? ;))

Understood. I'll standby for the proper video (and your face). :lawl:

That's a great idea imo. If I ever spent so much time and effort on those mirrors like you did, I'd def add some more protection / invistments. I recall that you have applied it on other exterior parts you have upgraded, so I see why not this time as well.

GL with the remodeling project!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ah flushness, I have missed you.

temporary_87.jpg

That's interesting to be UA5's instead of YA4 that I was imagining, as far as the shape of the triangle goes. No rush on the write up though. It's your hobby, so I suggest you don't feel obligated so much. (Gotta eat at home pleasantly in order to willingly do the write up, right? ;))

Understood. I'll standby for the proper video (and your face). :lawl:

That's a great idea imo. If I ever spent so much time and effort on those mirrors like you did, I'd def add some more protection / invistments. I recall that you have applied it on other exterior parts you have upgraded, so I see why not this time as well.

GL with the remodeling project!

Still haven't done the driver side mirror yet. Lots of house/family activities lately but things are calming down now, should be able to work on it soon and I will try to make somewhat of a DIY.

The spray-on clearbra seems to work, but debris kind of gets "stuck" in it...I'll snap a pic of the front of my side underspoilers. So I think after not too long the mirrors would look scummy with all the dirt/particles that would be stuck on them. Though less would be flying up at the mirrors than at the underspoilers...bottom line is I probably need to give it a try.

What's a YA4?

Back