Comptech Short Shifter installed

TheHunter

Reaction score
So I finally got my short shifter in the mail. It says it's supposed to reduce throw by 38 percent, and I'd say yeah the throw is way shorter. It doesn't actually make the shifter shorter (which I knew going into this). Also to those of you going "you should have got the pspec!" I already talked to him via email and he said he does not make one for my car and isn't planning on making one any time soon.

(Btw to those of you confused, my shifter is out of a 06 Accord... haha!)

Shifts feel very notchy and going between gears is definitely quicker. The only difficult part about the install was taking this little ball off of the bottom of the shifter to attach the comptech part. Man that was a b*tch.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Also to those of you going "you should have got the pspec!" I already talked to him via email and he said he does not make one for my car and isn't planning on making one any time soon.

wait, what?

if dude doesnt make a pspec short shifter for 6th gens, then what the hell do i have in my car? :eh:

juicebox00

Reaction score
wait, what?

if dude doesnt make a pspec short shifter for 6th gens, then what the hell do i have in my car? :eh:

he has a 7thgen tranny. he also posted that...:lawl:

unless you're just posting that as a joke andy

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, transmissions have nothing to do with the short shifter. if your car is manual and a 6th gen, the pspec short shifter will fit any of them.

it was more of a sarcastic post haha.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Newer design makes it actually feel much better when you shift. It's a lot easier/smoother to move around. Also if I got the 6th gen shifter in there, I would have had to weld a peg onto my tranny to make the linkages work right... or basically my shifter would be like this:

246R

kn0x47

Reaction score
Also if I got the 6th gen shifter in there, I would have had to weld a peg onto my tranny to make the linkages work right... or basically my shifter would be like this:

246R

haha well at least with that setup no one else would know how to drive your car

Back