Comptech Short Shifter installed

TheHunter

Reaction score
I don't understand why you didn't transfer the 7th gen shifter cables over to a 6th gen shifter assembly... they can't be all that different.

I told you what would happen already lol... it would be backwords without welding a peg onto to tranny.

Moneypit thanks, I was a little confused about exactly what Mike was saying, and that must be why. I was like... I don't think my shifter looks like that. I'll work on getting the corsports next. Did you manually cut your shifter and rethread it, or somehow put a different shaft in.

Nick yeah... I'm liking it a lot. I have a 340 gram RAZO knob that honestly looks a little ricer, but it's pretty heavy. Once I have some extra cash I want to upgrade to a real knob like an S2k... but those things are $$$

MrLazie1

Reaction score
cause the short shifter, your throw is shorter than the stock throw. and the synchros need to be matched up right or they will be pushed in too early cause of the short shifter. but it wont go out that fast. its takes time but maybe in like 1-2 years they go out with short shifters.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
:poke: Why would you say that?

If your running oe clutch, then there is a reason why the shifter is so long. So that when you engage it, the time it takes you to shift from gear to gear, will alow the transmission to completely stop moving. If you have a better aftermarket clutch then you have nothing to worry about.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
So much fail in this thread...
Like Hunter said IN THE OP, Pspec does NOT make a short shifter for the 7th gen accord shift assembly, Comptech is the only option.
Mike: the 7th gen shift assembly is nothing like the cl-s. It is a ball/socket combo underneath, and a male/female combo on the side. This is why Pspec kits don't work. The ONLY custom way to shorten the shifter is to simply shorten the shift shaft, and the only way to shorten the throw is with the Comptech kit. There is no cable tab mounted on the shaft (like the cl-s) that can be modded to shorten the throw.
Hunter: with the corsport shift bushings, your Comptech kit, and a 2" shortened shift shaft you'll have the dopest setup out there. It's what I have, and it's titties. Keep on keepin' on yo.

thus, why i said in the 1st couple of words, should of took the stock shifter (aka the shifter designed for the car. accord shifter) :beer:

Back