Comptech Short Shifter installed

TheHunter

Reaction score
so much of reading-comprehensive fail LOL

RJ, have you heard of these?
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1120

comptech short shifter mated with that bushing seems to be best upgrade for our shifter for better shifting experience(?) :)

Yeah I've heard of them... but only after I had ordered the short shifter. I'm thinking I should pick them up too since they're supposed co complete the experience. Thanks for the link though, I wasn't sure where to find them.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Also if I got the 6th gen shifter in there, I would have had to weld a peg onto my tranny to make the linkages work right... or basically my shifter would be like this:

246R

lol whats wrong with that pattern? :lawl:

that would be awesome hahahaha. id drive it for sure haha.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
so much of reading-comprehensive fail LOL

RJ, have you heard of these?
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1120

comptech short shifter mated with that bushing seems to be best upgrade for our shifter for better shifting experience(?) :)

i have those, they deffinitly work

should have just took the stock truckdriver shifter , cut it down 2 inches, and then cut the tab the cable bolts to off and raise that up an inch on the shaft... free shortshifter, reduces height and throw

TheHunter

Reaction score
i have those, they deffinitly work

should have just took the stock truckdriver shifter , cut it down 2 inches, and then cut the tab the cable bolts to off and raise that up an inch on the shaft... free shortshifter, reduces height and throw

Yeah I thought about doing that after the fact, might be a good mod for later, I want it to be lower for sure.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
So much fail in this thread...
Like Hunter said IN THE OP, Pspec does NOT make a short shifter for the 7th gen accord shift assembly, Comptech is the only option.
Mike: the 7th gen shift assembly is nothing like the cl-s. It is a ball/socket combo underneath, and a male/female combo on the side. This is why Pspec kits don't work. The ONLY custom way to shorten the shifter is to simply shorten the shift shaft, and the only way to shorten the throw is with the Comptech kit. There is no cable tab mounted on the shaft (like the cl-s) that can be modded to shorten the throw.
Hunter: with the corsport shift bushings, your Comptech kit, and a 2" shortened shift shaft you'll have the dopest setup out there. It's what I have, and it's titties. Keep on keepin' on yo.

Last edited:

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Finally! :D

Must feel so much better. Now get a heavier shorter knob something like the S2K one and you'll be set.

finch13

Reaction score
I don't understand why you didn't transfer the 7th gen shifter cables over to a 6th gen shifter assembly... they can't be all that different.

Back