Double DIN tv

xIrvin

Reaction score
Damn reading through this small thread, I think i'm going to add one onto my list of things to get for the future. :D

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Iphone 4 + lots of custom work + a regular 7" LCD

181958_10100290672960876_2512435_59681783_4146341_n.jpg

MNAccord98

Reaction score

Mikey

Reaction score
I know! Lol.

My buddy said JVC makes one with a detachable face. He has an Alpine unit that he swears by but he paid out the a$$ for it.

I dont live in a bad neighborhood, I have the alarm and I have hella dark tint, so it being stolen wouldnt be a big worry in my mind--BUT--if that were to happen, as with anything really, it'd be $$____ Id be out. Id keep my OEM radio, just in case.

Ugh. I dont know. I want it to have nav but damn. Prices are a biatch, lol. A regular old DVD player is just "meh" IMO. Id love an OEM unit from an Odyssey, TL or RL or something. That way, it'd have a code or something so that if it did get snagged, said theif would have a trouble getting it to work.

Mikey

Reaction score
Well, Ive narrowed it down to 3 different units.

1. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24398_Jensen-VM9424.html
-6.2" touchscreen, remote, Navi, steering wheel control capable.

My only beef is the display controls only allow brightness and Dim.

2. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32843_Pioneer-AVH-P3300BT.html
-5.8" touchscreen, remote, SIRIUS/Navi ready, Front USB & SD ports, wheel control capable.

Smallest screen, lowest price. I like the USB/SD ports but I dont like the screen size and side buttons.

3. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33387_JVC-KW-AVX840.html
-7" touchscreen, Detachable faceplate w/ case, satelite ready, steering wheel capable

I like screen size, detachable face but I dont like the flip down and it doesnt come with a remote. Price is also the highest.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I agree, flip-down is just another thing to break. Unless it’s something that isn’t opened all that often? Still, I’d just want no flip-down and a detachable face.

As for cost, last one over the other ones is marginal I’d say. If you’re already spending 380-399, I’d spend another 30-50 if it’s what you want. Though a remote seems like something you'd want with something like this...

Looks...top and bottom ones look the best, middle seems kinda cluttered or not as clean. And a bigger screen is always a plus.

Damn you, you're making me want one of these.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Thank you Chris you were NO HELP AT ALL!! Lol. :p

The flip-down thing IS something Im seriously not a fan of but i love the fact that it is not only detachable but has a case. I love those last 2 aspects.

The only reason I like the Pioneer is price and it has the 2 ports on the front.

The Jenses doesnt have a detachable face but it does have a security code, so, thats better than nothing. Im not a fan of Jensen, and I'll keep looking around but Im leaning heavily toward that one.

If I could find a 7" touch with remote, Nav, SIRIUS ready, front SD/USB ports, detachable face and steering wheels controls that DIDNT cost me $1500, Id buy it. But they dont exist, lol.
I love the Jensen one because

Back