Double DIN tv

Mikey

Reaction score
Ugh, craptastic customer support is craptastic.

As long as the speakers can handle 50 watts, they'll be ok. As for the "partial faceplate detachment", just the buttons on the side come off, not the screen. Not sure what thats about, but maybe it renders the screen in-op? If so, awesome. Better than carrying around a 6" screen, lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Damn, $289. Seems cheap to have nav. Does it work with your steering wheel controls. That's def a big factor for me. And Mike I bet, lol.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Did you get one yet, Mike?
Lol, no. Gotta save the monies. Hopefully by the beginning of December. My birthday is around then so Im gonna see if I cant make it a birthday/Christmas present. :D

I've had this one for over 6 months now, and I've had no problems. I love it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_110VM9224/Jensen-VM9224.html?search=jensen+double+din
Damn, $289. Seems cheap to have nav. Does it work with your steering wheel controls. That's def a big factor for me. And Mike I bet, lol.
Wheel functions ARE a factor for me but considering they only control volume and changing tracks/stations, I dont think it'll bug me if they dont work. Depends on how the install goes. If hooking up the wheel controls is easy, Ill do it. If it requires work and a harness and all that jazz, I may skip it. The Jensen unit I was looking at was the VM 9424. It was like $400 and had nav.

a double din that has a screen smaller than 7 inches just aint pimp :puke:
I KNOW!! I want a 7" SOOOO bad. BUT---that means it would have to flip out/down to insert a disc and I cannot stand it when they do that. I'll take my 6.1". :)

anyone know how to make custom housing/mold? I like this guy's work, but I dont understand a word he is saying:ugh2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWQ_ruGUAo&feature=related
Cant see it at work so Ill check it out later but I was under the assumption that these things install fairly easy. I know a guy at a shop who I may have install mine. Id rather pay a professional who knows what they're doing.

Back