TL Sway-Bar question

low430

Reaction score
Just put my TL bar on today too...holy crap my hands hurt from using a hacksaw to cut off the old end links! Maybe it is just me, but while driving I rocked the car back and forth quickly and it didn't seem to lean as much. Gotta love it!

My rear swaybar bolts were not coming off, and I didnt want to buy new ones, SO I used an Impact gun,
They came right off.
So to anyone having trouble I would suggest Dousing the nut with penetrating oil and Hitting them with an impact gun.
It may save you some money, and work.
Then be sure to use anti seize when installing the new nuts

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
My suspension was fairly easy to work on, I didnt have to use an impact wrench or anything. The endlinks were a pain, but i did get to reuse mine too.

nixed007

Reaction score
just to add to the fire here; but the 2004 acura TL bar from Progress is a solid 24mm dia with two settings for stiffness. I just ordered mine on monday and it showed up today. I will be putting this on soon for a diy. By the way our stock bar is 17mm. So if you are going to be making the upgrade make the upgrade don't just go to a 19 or 21 :p:run:

low430

Reaction score
just to add to the fire here; but the 2004 acura TL bar from Progress is a solid 24mm dia with two settings for stiffness. I just ordered mine on monday and it showed up today. I will be putting this on soon for a diy. By the way our stock bar is 17mm. So if you are going to be making the upgrade make the upgrade don't just go to a 19 or 21 :p:run:

how much did you pay?

low430

Reaction score
143 shipped from ebay you have to look in ebay not ebay motors just got the moog end links too

the tl-s swaybar is plenty big, You can induce oversteer with a little scandanavian flick but it drives amazing.
I dont know how much to attribute to the swaybar vs the new Koni Suspension.
Either way this car now handles more like my GSR

finch13

Reaction score
I dont know how much to attribute to the swaybar vs the new Koni Suspension.
Either way this car now handles more like my GSR

I had the bar in before I dropped, even on stock suspension, the understeer is gone and the car steers like a go kart.

low430

Reaction score
I had the bar in before I dropped, even on stock suspension, the understeer is gone and the car steers like a go kart.

What setting do you have your Koni Yellows @?
My rears I have full stiff, they are a mother ***** to adjust in the back
and front full hard then 1 turn back
The car is just so stiff, the eibach springs and koni turned out so amazing

Back