7 inch indash parking break question

angelusnhc

Reaction score
how do i wire this so i can play it without it being in park and the parking break up? also is the 12/ battery/memorry the power is the the 12v ignition the power?

and one final question. for my subs i got a red and white rca. but on the sub output of the dvd player it has 1 rca? which one do i hook up and will it still sound the same with just one?

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score
how do i wire this so i can play it without it being in park and the parking break up? also is the 12/ battery/memorry the power is the the 12v ignition the power?

and one final question. for my subs i got a red and white rca. but on the sub output of the dvd player it has 1 rca? which one do i hook up and will it still sound the same with just one?

you have to buy a by-pass module. i forgot how much it cost. my friend used to have one for his pioneer in-dash. i don't understand your next question though. "also is the 12/ battery/memorry the power is the the 12v ignition the power?"

for the subs, why would there be only one RCA? what kind of amp do you have? there should be 2 RCA input (headunit to amp) because without it, it'll run mono and mono will sound like crap.

mrm1ke02

Reaction score
okay you know the wire that tells you to tap it in your breaks. Put that wire as a ground. Ground it up to negitive or just a picece of metal on the car and you're good. You can watch movies while you drive.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
in order to play it without having the e-brake on, you will have to figure out which wire it is, and then tap it into a hot wire

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
in order to play it without having the e-brake on, you will have to figure out which wire it is, and then tap it into a hot wire

most all e-brake wires are ground. if you tap into a hot wire, then you could fry the screen.

check your instructions on the tv watching sequence. some of the newer screens have a 3 sec delay. if it is grounded all the time, then it won't play. you have to wire the ground through a switch, wait a few seconds then switch it over to ground it and it will play fine. i've seen others that need specific bypass functions, like alpine being one of the complicated ones. they have a e-brake wire and a brake pedal wire.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
ok thankyou everyone. i have one last question. well and old one i need to make more clear

my amp has 2 rcas on it. but the head unit has 1 rca for the sub input. should i use the 2 rear rca's for the amp or just use 1 rca and connect it to the 1a rca input on the headunit.

i hope that cleared it up some

Mojeans69

Reaction score
thats weird...wat color is the one RCA...you might have to buy a splitter from radioshack or something

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
ok thankyou everyone. i have one last question. well and old one i need to make more clear

my amp has 2 rcas on it. but the head unit has 1 rca for the sub input. should i use the 2 rear rca's for the amp or just use 1 rca and connect it to the 1a rca input on the headunit.

i hope that cleared it up some

i put one of these in the other day for a buddy of mine... but his was a jvc one but basically looks the same and it only had 1 rca out for a sub. i dont really remember how i ended up wiring it for him. lol

Back