7 inch indash parking break question

Roadrage

Reaction score
helps me out in traffic....like rush hour around DC and MD. Plus i have screens in the back for my rugrats to watch a movie..all playing from the front in dash.

but thats just my.02

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
helps me out in traffic....like rush hour around DC and MD. Plus i have screens in the back for my rugrats to watch a movie..all playing from the front in dash.

but thats just my.02

A non-bypassed in-dash will still send video out of it's video outs while driving.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Wow... this thread is crazy...

Though I agree with most everyone here, I'm a post whore, so here's my two cents:

My AV unit uses switched ground for the e-brake. I used the factory foglight button as a ghost switch for this purpose.

As for the sub out, an RCA splitter from Radio Shack will suffice, though this supplies less than preferred voltage to the amp. Not that there's a better alternative with the unit in question...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
My AV unit uses switched ground for the e-brake. I used the factory foglight button as a ghost switch for this purpose.

Yeah, on installs i've done, i've used a switch (or just grounded it). Then you can turn it off when nobody is in your car. However, if you can't drive with a screen on your car because it will distract you too much, i probably would recommend you stop driving.

As for the mono out, the splitter is going to cut your preamp voltage in half. See if you can run the amp in mono. I'm 99% sure that my amp will work in mono. I actually don't understand why subs are stereo anyway.

Do you have other preouts that arn't being used for the speaker. You will loose any sub adjustments (if you have them) but i don't think i've really ever used mine.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
This is the reason why I have a separate monitor and DVD player.
I can watch a DVD and play the radio or Ipod at the same time.
With one complete unit you can only do one source at a time.
DVD or CD or radio or AUX

Back