Where did you mount your component tweeter?

Big Poppa

Reaction score
I have Infinity components, and I am trying to find a place to mount the tweeters. Just wondering where some of you guy's mounted yours.

justvtec

Reaction score
Iam goin to put mine(when i get them) right there on the on the inside of the side mirrors!

Big Poppa

Reaction score
That's where I originally planned on putting mine, but now I'm not sure. I would like to put them in the kick panel and run the woofer in the door location. How's this sound?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
im going to put it in the stock location when i get around to puttin em in. idk if you have the stock tweeter or not...

regardless, how are you going to put them in the kick panels? what are you going to do to put them down there? id recommend putting them up high somewhere, like in the dash or on the sail panels (that little thing on the door directly inside of the mirror like justvtec said). i like my sound up front--it literally sounds like the speakers are mounted in the side vents with the stock tweeters in the dash.

ryon527

Reaction score
here's mine
905778_41_full.jpg

angelplus

Reaction score
I have stock tweeters, when i replace them I'll put them in the same spot... why go through the trouble unless you dont have them?

Dallas

Reaction score
ryan s said:
im going to put it in the stock location when i get around to puttin em in. idk if you have the stock tweeter or not...

i would like to put mine there, but i have a few issues with that, first how do you run the wire from the crossover in the door to the dash? or from the crossover in the dash to the mid in the door?
i want to run new wire to the doors and stuff, but i am having a real trouble doing so, any ideas, or what did y'all do"

ryon527

Reaction score
yea i'm having one hell of a time getting the speaker wire through that door boot. i tried doing it on the weekend and got pissed off and didn't do it. i'm thinking of using a part of a coat hanger taped to the speaker wire to feed it through.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Dallas said:
i would like to put mine there, but i have a few issues with that, first how do you run the wire from the crossover in the door to the dash? or from the crossover in the dash to the mid in the door?
i want to run new wire to the doors and stuff, but i am having a real trouble doing so, any ideas, or what did y'all do"
i havent done it yet, but i hear theres a secret "hole" that goes from the tweeter in the dash down to the door. and then, to get it through to the door, you can try out a coat hanger, otherwise (like we did in my friends laser) pull the boot back towards the door. i havent looked too close at the boot to be sure of this though. ill check it out on wednesday (its sposed to be almost 60 here!!)

Back