Where did you mount your component tweeter?

Dallas

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
The Boston's are at a +5 and the Rockfords are at a -2.

are the top ones the rockford? and how did you wire it? through an amp or just spliced off the front speaker out puts?

also what do you mean +5 and -2

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Yup, the tops are fosgate.My rear speakers are fosgate comps, I got too good of a deal to pass em up. Since they have two seperate tweeters per woofer I ran one pair up to the A pilar. The crossovers have tweeter one and two outputs on them. The +5 and -2 are equalizer boosts and attenuations. I have the fosgates at a -2(attenuation) to cut down on thier harshness due to them being titanium domes. The Boston's are at a +5(boost) because of their wonderfully smooth sound, I love silk domes.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
justvtec said:
Wow im impressed your first post is a pic (iv beem here a while and i still cant do that) HATS OFF TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! oh ya WELCOME!

Thanks bud!! If you make a Photobucket.com account, when you upload pictures it will give you a

Phut

Reaction score
i got mines mounted in the dash up by the windshield. i'm guessing that is the stock location as my car didn't come with stock tweeters.

ryon527

Reaction score
Phut said:
i got mines mounted in the dash up by the windshield. i'm guessing that is the stock location as my car didn't come with stock tweeters.

whats there when they don't have a tweeter stock? like a plastic blank or do they just have the speaker grille cloth covering like the one with tweeters.

Phut

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
whats there when they don't have a tweeter stock? like a plastic blank or do they just have the speaker grille cloth covering like the one with tweeters.
it was just a plastic piece that had a circular rim underneath it which i'm guessing was the stock cut out for the factory tweeter. the guy that did my stereo just cut out an opening large enough for my tweeter and covered it with grille cloth.

Back