Car just scared the **** outta me.

245/45ZR-17

Reaction score
I floored it in 1st (its an auto) and the car revved reaaaally slow and seemed to be barely moving then it reached about 5500 and just sat there for a few seconds. Then it shifted directly into 2nd instead of hitting redline then shifting normal. This happened twice to me today and once yesterday. Otherwise the car seems to be driving fine.

WTF is wrong with my car? It only has 41K & is all stock save for a drop in K&N.

Last edited:

Icemul

Reaction score
I'm no auto tech, but I'd think if you had an actually problem that your sensors would of picked up the problem and kicked on your check engine light.
Have you checked your trans oil or had it flushed lately?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Umm...last time I checked 1st gear doesn't shift out on its own, you have to manually do it, same w/ 2nd.

pjk208

Reaction score
^i think he meant the shifter was in D4/D3 but the car was starting from the first gear...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that case...sounds like it bogged down upon you flooring it and I'm not sure but I don't think 1st goes to redline. I'll have to try it out and see.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
1st of all, why are you tryin' to hot rod your stock automatic??? I think you deserve what you get for that dumb move. Sorry but no sympathy here bro. Hopefully for your sake your car is ok.

245/45ZR-17

Reaction score
Hot rod it? WTF?? So becasue my car is a stock 4cyl auto I can't floor it every now and then for the fun of it?? Dumb move by opening your mouth like an idiot.

The transmission has new genuine honda tranny oil. (from about 30k) This was done on my g/f's street where I normally will floor it every once in a while, and everytime the car goes to redline THEN shifts. The road isn't on an incline whatsoever. Tranny was in D4 too.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
245/45ZR-17 said:
Hot rod it? WTF?? So becasue my car is a stock 4cyl auto I can't floor it every now and then for the fun of it?? Dumb move by opening your mouth like an idiot.

The transmission has new genuine honda tranny oil. (from about 30k) This was done on my g/f's street where I normally will floor it every once in a while, and everytime the car goes to redline THEN shifts. The road isn't on an incline whatsoever. Tranny was in D4 too.
I guess potentially hurting your engine is fun huh??? If thats your idea of fun than you might wanna rethink that idiot remark because Im not the idiot.Anyways, good luck with your car bro. I hope it lasts you a long time if you drive it like that.

245/45ZR-17

Reaction score
Potentially hurting my engine? Its a Honda...there should be no harm in opening her up a little from time to time. I in no way 'beat' on my car, I take really good care if it.

Your gona tell me that you've never gone WOT in your car for fear of hurting your engine?

Back