Hate Posts

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I've noticed more and more posts that have been bashing cars, car owners, etc. I understand that everyone has an opinion but this constant flaming and hateful posts seems to take away from the very nature of our forum.

This forum has always been about accepting most people regardless of most things and I know that this forum has always had an appeal to it because of that nature.

If I'm the only one who feels this way then i'll drop it, but I think that i'm not the only one and I'd really like to see some warnings given out or some closed threads (especially the ones that serve only to make fun of another car).

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i agree... i still try to be positive and respect other ppl's taste, but some members do take things too personally.... but overall, we have less bashing compared to other forums, but we need to maintain tht thru the maturity of the members :beer:

PS: stealing wireless interwebz ftw :lolrun:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Yeah what drew me into this forum was the very friendly nice atmosphere, and I've been seeing a lot of bashing going on. Lets try to keep negative comments to ourselves. I know the internet is an anonymous place, but that doesn't mean you have to be mean.

juicebox00

Reaction score
i agree, seen a ton of bashing, especially from some very old members. I mean i can understand if some people are getting sick of seeing the same posts over and over again but that's no reason to bash the new members until they no longer feel welcome on here.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I see, and I'll give a specific example. In the "Steer Clear of TC's" thread, there were a lot of generally negative comments made about people who drive certain vehicles and the vehicles themselves. I personally think that people should be more careful about what they say, and if they are going to say something like "WRX's and people who drive them are wreckless", you should also be prepared to support your statements with some sort of fact, because if you don't you are just creating conflict.

There is a good sized chunk of people on this site now who don't drive 6G Accords anymore, so people should choose their words, because you never know who you are going to offend.

On the other hand, I can honestly say that I haven't seen any more or less "bashing" recently than any other time on this site. Personally I think this site is a well oiled machine. I think what people fail to realize is that the members here control what flies and what doesn't just as much as the mods/admins do. There is a "Report Button" for a reason. If you see something questionable, push the button, fill out the form, and it is sent via email to all the mods/admins so it can be addressed. There are a select few members who actually use this feature, but it is really helpful to us because it is hard to police every section of this site ALL the time.

So.....in short, this is your 6GA. If you see something you don't like, use the "Report" feature or PM a moderator or administrator.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I see, and I'll give a specific example. In the "Steer Clear of TC's" thread, there were a lot of generally negative comments made about people who drive certain vehicles and the vehicles themselves. I personally think that people should be more careful about what they say, and if they are going to say something like "WRX's and people who drive them are wreckless", you should also be prepared to support your statements with some sort of fact, because if you don't you are just creating conflict.

There is a good sized chunk of people on this site now who don't drive 6G Accords anymore, so people should choose their words, because you never know who you are going to offend.

On the other hand, I can honestly say that I haven't seen any more or less "bashing" recently than any other time on this site. Personally I think this site is a well oiled machine. I think what people fail to realize is that the members here control what flies and what doesn't just as much as the mods/admins do. There is a "Report Button" for a reason. If you see something questionable, push the button, fill out the form, and it is sent via email to all the mods/admins so it can be addressed. There are a select few members who actually use this feature, but it is really helpful to us because it is hard to police every section of this site ALL the time.

So.....in short, this is your 6GA. If you see something you don't like, use the "Report" feature or PM a moderator or administrator.

I have used this feature a couple times where I saw a member harass another.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I have used this feature a couple times where I saw a member harass another.

Thank you.

I think what a lot of the members here don't get is that just because you don't have the ability to close threads or ban people, doesn't mean you don't have the ability to moderate. If you see someone breaking the rules, feel free to tell them so AND report it to us.

I've seen plenty of FS threads open by members with less than 50, where all I had to do was just close it. The members had already told the person he broke the rules, and even explained to him why.

All that I ask is that you don't say things like "When the mods see this they are going to ban you" or some ****. So basically, just don't put words in our mouths. :thumbsup:

Back