Hate Posts

The Wicked One

Reaction score
what i dont understand is why so many new threads are made to post a single photo of a car someone saw during their day that was particularly "riced out." these threads seem like a waste of space on the forum and are polluting the eye candy section. i could understand if there was a master thread that said something like "post the ricey vehicles in your area" or something, but having a new thread pop up every week with an accord with a gtr badge on it is pretty ridiculous.

i just did a quick skim of the first 2 pages of eye candy and found four threads devoted specifically to bashing on someones ugly car. maybe its just me but i see ugly cars all the time, i dont usually feel the need to try and humiliate the owner when they aren't even around to defend themselves.

dunno if this is a little off topic since the other responses in here talked more about users bashing other users, but this bashing of random peoples cars bugs me some too.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I don't usually bash or flame people, but there is no reason to re-invent the wheel. This is in reference to the 'Spectre Universal SRI' thread, in which the OP tried to 'engineer' a part and used some witty responses to consistent feedback given to him by many other members. Granted I got a warning for my rather blunt feedback to OP, I did apologize to admin for pointing out the OP's inconsistencies in my blunt manner, after the thread was locked. :beer:

Flaming is not a good thing and definitely not a way to attract new members. Headstrong engineers are not condusive to smooth threads either.

Hate threads and flaming are bad.

Mmm Cheetos are tasty! :D

Last edited:

Millz

Reaction score
i dont mind constructive criticism, i mean if you want everyone to love your car then don't post it on the internet right

there's a fine line between constructive criticism and actually flaming/insulting a user
seems like a lot of members on here have that in check though,
and for the rather short time ive been on this forum (compared to other users) ive seen that more often than not someone will stand up for the OP

i am kinda tired of the blackhouse the lights, slam the car more etc comments, even when a member says that theyre not going to go any lower

i know some people just do it to joke around, but its seems like some dont even read the whole post and say... WOW looking nice, now all you gotta do is slam it

i think that type of comment is rather ignorant. the person prob put a lot of work/time/money into their car, and i think a couple of users can make em feel like their ride aint **** until its slammed etc :ohyou:

either way, theres a lot more mature members on here than a few other forums im on and the problem of people's cars being bashed isn't nearly as bad here

im guilty of a couple things myself i'll admit it, but i realized what i did shortly after and felt bad about it

it hasn't been anything where ive actually got a warning from the mods though

finch13

Reaction score
i dont mind constructive criticism, i mean if you want everyone to love your car then don't post it on the internet right

there's a fine line between constructive criticism and actually flaming/insulting a user
seems like a lot of members on here have that in check though,
and for the rather short time ive been on this forum (compared to other users) ive seen that more often than not someone will stand up for the OP

i am kinda tired of the blackhouse the lights, slam the car more etc comments, even when a member says that theyre not going to go any lower

i know some people just do it to joke around, but its seems like some dont even read the whole post and say... WOW looking nice, now all you gotta do is slam it

i think that type of comment is rather ignorant. the person prob put a lot of work/time/money into their car, and i think a couple of users can make em feel like their ride aint **** until its slammed etc :ohyou:

either way, theres a lot more mature members on here than a few other forums im on and the problem of people's cars being bashed isn't nearly as bad here

im guilty of a couple things myself i'll admit it, but i realized what i did shortly after and felt bad about it

it hasn't been anything where ive actually got a warning from the mods though

Word. I'm sick of people telling me to go lower... I picked my setup for a reason and it was the same price as coils... I had money to buy either... there's a reason I picked one over the other.

There's a recent thread where someone asked for opinions between 2 different kinds of springs... 2 people replied "save up and get coils". People gotta understand coils aren't the only way to go... most of these people suggesting slamming the whip are from Cali or Florida, where those are the smoothest roads known to man. I dare anyone to drive their slammed car on MN roads and you will clearly see why I chose springs over coils.

/rant

In the end, if people are asking for facts, give them facts, not your opinion. 9 times out of 10, I purely don't give a sh!t what other people think needs and should be done to my Accord for it to be up to par with 6GA standards. So do us all a favor and save your breath.

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
In the end, if people are asking for facts, give them facts, not your opinion. 9 times out of 10, I purely don't give a sh!t what other people think needs and should be done to my Accord for it to be up to par with 6GA standards. So do us all a favor and save your breathe.

*stands up and claps*
*then raises a fist in the air*

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Roads here are terrible as well, definitely sick of hearing about coilovers. Wouldn't want em anyway as I'm not looking to "slam" my car.

And back to topic.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
coilovers would be nice for raising the car in the winter and keeping it raised until they fix the frost-heaved and plow-owned roads. but coilovers tend to be stiff and a rough ride, unless you get tein basics/ss and people will say "you cant slam it etc etc".

lol finchy...if you come to madison, i can show you some of the worst roads i drive on pretty much every day. non-midwest and non-east coast members have no idea.

oh and if people want to complain about my car not being lowered...i have a paypal account and will provide my email address so you can fix that ;)

Back