Hate Posts

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think some people feel the need to create conflict because they take their car too seriously. I've seen way too many instances where someone gets hot and talks negatively about someone else's car simply because they are jealous that it's faster than theirs, etc so they just tastelessly bash that person/car. As if putting the other person down rectifies anything. Instances like this reveal that common sense is nowhere to be found in a statement like that. I forgot about the report button, I'll be sure to make use of that when appropriate.

Obviously, we're all enthusiasts here because we signed up, not to mention there are a lot of different age groups...but everything one says here should be approached with the maturity we all know we have and it's not hard to exercise common sense.

On that note since we're talking about etiquette in this thread, I don't think it helps anything that we have some of the animated smilies that we do, such as :bukkake: and :tgf: simply because they seem inappropriate, but that's just my opinion so I don't use them, and I guess it's not a big deal because I hardly seem them used by other members.

Regardless, I'd say overall this is definitely one of the better forums on the net in every aspect.

Last edited:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
I have to chime in because I initiated the closure of the said "Steer Clear of TCs" thread.

First, and foremost, I want to say thank you to JMiller and the entire admin and mod team. When I originally contacted JMiller, I requested the said thread be closed because it was not adding anything constructive to the forum. Notice, I said constructive. Opinions of other cars or peoples are fine and well, but senseless bashing defeats the purpose. Case in point, when we had the scenario with "Turbo Joe" with the V6 who was scamming people out of their money, we bashed the living hell out of that guy but it was because he was scamming our fellow members.

On the said TC thread, I was one of those former members who no longer own a 6GA that got offended. I drive a SRT-4 and I frequent this forum because I love being a part of the family of 6GA. I requested the thread be closed because, like all things in life, the younger members were posting and bashing recklessly. Call me crazy, but one of the original doctrines that drew me to join 6GA was that it was fair and mature. Senseless bashing of other people and other cars belong to clubs like ClubRSX, NASIOC, and Honda-Tech. Check out those threads and the quality of threads drop considerably.

I'm sensitive to the material posted on 6GA because I take great pride in being a former owner and alma mater member of this forum. Maybe I take this forum too seriously, but I've made great connections and friendships here.

So, in conclusion, thank you again to the admin and mod team, specifically JMiller for taking my request seriously and slowing down the pointless bash thread.

There is my 2 cents.

TheHunter

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I see, and I'll give a specific example. In the "Steer Clear of TC's" thread, there were a lot of generally negative comments made about people who drive certain vehicles and the vehicles themselves. I personally think that people should be more careful about what they say, and if they are going to say something like "WRX's and people who drive them are wreckless", you should also be prepared to support your statements with some sort of fact, because if you don't you are just creating conflict.

There is a good sized chunk of people on this site now who don't drive 6G Accords anymore, so people should choose their words, because you never know who you are going to offend.

On the other hand, I can honestly say that I haven't seen any more or less "bashing" recently than any other time on this site. Personally I think this site is a well oiled machine. I think what people fail to realize is that the members here control what flies and what doesn't just as much as the mods/admins do. There is a "Report Button" for a reason. If you see something questionable, push the button, fill out the form, and it is sent via email to all the mods/admins so it can be addressed. There are a select few members who actually use this feature, but it is really helpful to us because it is hard to police every section of this site ALL the time.

So.....in short, this is your 6GA. If you see something you don't like, use the "Report" feature or PM a moderator or administrator.

*claps*

*wipes tear from eye*

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea i see some bashing...but in general...i see alot of members standing up against it in the threads...so when you ask me to close a thread like that...i don't really see the point because it kinda takes care of itself...

i'll only close a thread for it when i see completely one sided bashing...kinda like a bunch of people saying a car sucks on 6ga cause they think they are not going to run into any owners of that car and that everyone will agree and bash with them...in that case...yea i'll close it...but usually i haven't seen where it's all one sided....i see members taking up for the folks being bashed and as long as it's not an out of control argument...im fine with it...

if you do see that tho...just report the post or contact a moderator/admin...

indowanksta88

Reaction score
thank you so much for starting this thread, i would really like everyone to quit going out of their way to take a ****ty cell phone pic of someone's car and post it in on a public forum to try to get a group of guys to bash on the car. it is just ****ed up imo. i bet half the people that take those pics and post on here only say everything they want to say cuz they know the owners will never find out about it. i bet half of them dont have the balls to say it to the person's face if they saw the person standing next to the car.

finch13

Reaction score
I have to agree with all of this and I consider myself guilty as well, although when I'm not in the Whore Box, I like to keep my posts constructive and informative.

While I'm all against bashing, there is a certain dogma here that we all must be dropped a certain amount, we all must black house, we all can't have aftermarket lights, we all can't rock ebay projectors, etc, etc. Even the OG members will tear apart a noobie if he doesn't follow the "underlying 6GA guidelines."

In the overall aspect of things, our constructive and helpfulness outweighs the bashing, to a point where I don't feel it's out of control. Yet.

It takes a lot to fit in here, hell I've been here for only a year and I'm just starting to make friends and people know my name lol.

We can't expect all new members to be able to contribute sound info to the site. A lot of people come here need and actively seek guidance and it's given. I'm all for the "tough love, but do what you like" mantra we use here.

Most importantly, I think we all need to realize that this is the interwebz, anything said should be taken with a grain of salt. We're all family here and that doesn't necessarily mean the young padowans should cry to mommy because the veterans are picking on them a bit. If you think about it, a little flaming here and there does send the message to the OP that "hey, maybe next time I need to a do a little more research, think before I speak" type thing.

My $0,02 :coffee:

PS - Good job mods, you guys always do a good job keeping things in order, minus April Fools of course. :flipoff:

mista jc

Reaction score
I'm guilty of poking fun of TCs and SRT4s.. but nothing negative of the vehicle. I just see reckless drivers behind them all the time. Pretty sure it's cause of my car's appearance but still. :redface2:

Glad to have read this discussion amongst the members.

if it ain't yours, don't worry about it!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If I'm the only one who feels this way then i'll drop it, but I think that i'm not the only one and I'd really like to see some warnings given out or some closed threads (especially the ones that serve only to make fun of another car).

I am with you John.

I actually find it very ironic as well as from what I get, 25-50% of the board didn't even buy their accord, it was a hand my down. That's find but if you didn't buy your car, you should never knock somebody who actually paid for what they own. Also, 99.87466% of us will move "up" from our 6th gen to a newer car, better car, accord or not.

Regardless, I see it takes less and less for someone to start a thread purely to hate on a car they saw and took a picture off, get support of a good part of who responds, just based on minor opinions. Obviously some cars just arn't very good cars, some people mod distastefully, etc, etc. Even at that point, it shouldn't evoke any "emotional" response.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I have to say that I have been guilty of this in the past. However, i do try to accept the opinions of others: whether it be how they mod their cars or what they say about my car (wheels are too small :poke:). I think for the most part everyone is conscientious of every one else but every now a then we need a flame thread to spice stuff up. I feel that most noobs come on here with a certain attitude but quickly fall in line because of how everyone else acts.

This is a great forum because of how it regulates itself. Everyone knows the rules and peoples personalities to a certain extent. We know who we can poke fun at and not. I feel this thread should be something that people should read when they sign up just to understand the culture of our forum.

Back