Newbie ? Headlight Options

efivefiveamg

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently took 2000 accord coupe back from my folks and I'm looking to make a few "updating" mods.

I want simple black housing headlights. No cheap projectors, halos, or other gimicky stuff.

There are so many options on ebay, and I just want a good quality one. I don't mind paying a little extra, if I have the peac of mind that they are good quality and will last.

Can someone recommend a good place/brand to get good quality black housing standard headlights? Or are they all the same?

TIA.

pls check the general forum for my introduction thread :driving: Its a pleasure to be a member.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the only paying extra for a good set of head lights, would be the >$10 that you can spend on the can of high temp spray paint. diy is the best way, imo.

efivefiveamg

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not much of a DIYer, and my outter lenses are pretty worn, too. So a whole new assembly is the best bet for me.

The exact style I like is the black housing with the full amber strip at the bottom (as opposed to the amber strip being only in the corner of the light, or the entire strip being clear). I have'nt been able to find this exact style made by Depo, or really anywhere else besides on ebay. Does Depo make this exact style? If not, who's the most reputable maker of this exact style and where can I get it?

Thanks again.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
I would just buy some Depo black house headlights and if you cant find exactly what you are looking for, take the amber strips out of your current lights and swap them over.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If you aren't much of a DIY'er, then taking apart a set of headlights, might not be something you want to do.

There are sets of headlights(OEM) that have been for sale on here and on V6P. The Depo ones, you may have to be a little patient, but usually all styles of them become available on ebay.

efivefiveamg

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Whats up with the ones on ebay that match my exact style preference? From the research I've done here on the forum, it seems they're pretty cheap quality and the lenses wear pretty quickly. Is this correct? Are they really that bad?

Back