Newbie ? Headlight Options

001Stunna

Reaction score
I know it's been like 2 years since the last post here, but if anyone is reading this... I installed my black housing headlights from eBay today... they didn't fit properly! :( Even after modifying the mounting pieces on the headlight units! :(

Back to searching for a remedy for this fitment issue! :(

eBay headlights are known and have been known to have fitment issues. I'd say take some pics though and message the seller requesting a partial refund.

My original headlights broke so i bought a pair of ebay ones for $100 shipped. The driver side leaves a gap of about 2-3mm on the driver side. Ended up getting a 50% refund on them though after opening a not as described paypal case, so for $50 shipped to Canada i cant complain lol. Been using them for almost 1 year now.

What fitment issues are you having?

Bucko

Reaction score
eBay headlights are known and have been known to have fitment issues. I'd say take some pics though and message the seller requesting a partial refund.

My original headlights broke so i bought a pair of ebay ones for $100 shipped. The driver side leaves a gap of about 2-3mm on the driver side. Ended up getting a 50% refund on them though after opening a not as described paypal case, so for $50 shipped to Canada i cant complain lol. Been using them for almost 1 year now.

What fitment issues are you having?

Thanks for your reply!

I have the same issue as you, where there's a gap between the fender and the headlight unit. Here's a photo:

headlight1.jpg

We even moved the black rubber molding and shaved down the tabs and bent the body panel area that receives the two "pins" at the corner of the headlight - still not a correct fit. :(

Do you think it's still worth it to let the vendor know? I did e-mail them before the purchase and they were very good with responding...

Thanks, again!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Who was the vendor? DotCom Racing?
What i did is let them know, requested a partial refund and just opened a paypal case claiming item not as described. You are able to put the accepted refund amount. Put half the cost if you want and see how it goes.

Bucko

Reaction score
Who was the vendor? DotCom Racing?
What i did is let them know, requested a partial refund and just opened a paypal case claiming item not as described. You are able to put the accepted refund amount. Put half the cost if you want and see how it goes.

No, the vendor was racerinnovation. I shouldda done more research but, this was the only one I could find with the black housing that retained the chrome in the corner signal.

I contacted them... we shall see how it goes. Thanks for your input and suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I will be cleaning up the OEM headlights though - save 'em for a retro project??? Hmmm... :)

Back