Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No to this idea

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Notice, instead of this being mandatory, it should at least be an option for people.

I propose everyone and anyone selling any items on here over the value of $100, to create an ebay account and link the ad to this for sale thread.

For members selling multiple items, members should be able to list their items in a for sale thread on 6thgenaccord. However, in the event someone wants to buy more than one item exceeding the $100 limit, an ebay account for those items should be created and linked to this forum.

I think we should toughen up the selling rules to 200 posts and atleast 3 months of an active member. 50 posts isn't enough for me to trust anybody and it shouldn't be for you either.

In order for this community to grow, we need to create new ideas and make it tougher for thieves to make a profit on here.

I don't need to make any more examples than have already been seen on here. It needs to stop, creating a "Do not buy from list" is not enough to denture potential thieves from making a hit on 6thgenaccord.

I believe the ebay system will prevent a lot of potential problems on here. Its fast, easy and cheap to sell things on there...it cost me like .60 cents to create a basic ad and sell something. If someone does not send the item I paid for, ebay refunds most of your money. It's better than nothing, as of now, none of the victims on here have been refunded any of their hard earned cash.

If people on here don't agree with this method, then this thread should at least be stickied somewhere so people can use this at their own discretion.

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Every forum has a wtb/fs section. As much as it sucks, i have been screwed over for a few hundered as well and the guy is still an active member but you dont see me making threads crying over my own stupidity to trust him.
This is the internet, making an ebay link is not going to stop people from pulling scams infact, ebay is a good way to scam people we all know that.
Raising the post count and having to be an active member for 3 months sounds ok but making ebay links and all the other craziness i do not agree with.
Look at Joe for instance! How long was he a member? How many posts did he have? Did that make him a better person or not a thief? Did that stop him one bit?
I think this site is doing great along with the mods who are on top of everything!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Every forum has a wtb/fs section. As much as it sucks, i have been screwed over for a few hundered as well and the guy is still an active member but you dont see me making threads crying over my own stupidity to trust him.
This is the internet, making an ebay link is not going to stop people from pulling scams infact, ebay is a good way to scam people we all know that.
Raising the post count and having to be an active member for 3 months sounds ok but making ebay links and all the other craziness i do not agree with.
Look at Joe for instance! How long was he a member? How many posts did he have? Did that make him a better person or not a thief? Did that stop him one bit?
I think this site is doing great along with the mods who are on top of everything!

Good points, but your forgetting that eBay gives buyers a partial refund if the item is not received. As of now, nobody on here is receiving any refund whatsoever. We have nothing to lose enforcing this rule.

It's true that some people on ebay mis-represent items and scam people. However, this is not the issue we are having on here. We are having an issue of people not sending the item after someone has paid. ebay is quick to crack down on those members.

If you have been scammed on here Shahid, I urge you to make it known to prevent any other potential victims. It's the right thing to do, a lot of members on here don't make a lot of dough, only to lose it to some thief.

Last edited:

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
:thumbsup: a great idea, asking the seller to incur a small fee for posting a ad on eBay doesn't seem unreasonable at all, for the good of 6GA members.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
uhhh what if you make an ebay page for a item and someone else that isn't part of the transaction buys it?

yes i agree with the new selling requirements

jdm00accord

Reaction score
sounds like a good idea, alot of extra work, but a good idea. i have an ebay account with a flawless track record so im down.

eggs

Reaction score
what do we consider an expensive item bc the person buying might have to pay a good amount in ebay fees

maybe people should start using the buy seller review thread more often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back