• No to this idea

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ebay costs money, the classifieds section does not. **** happens, and the buyers should beware, and use common sense with who theyre dealing with.

id never sell anything on ebay because it costs money to do so. and im not gonna ask the price that somethings worth, only to not get that in full in the end. its a good idea, but i think its too much hassle honestly. like i said, just use good judgment with who you deal with.

Last edited:

eggs

Reaction score
:dumb: i tihnk its going to cause a lot more issues if someone has to back out of the deal witch seems to happen alot

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ If you're a dumbass and you're not sure if you want to buy something or not then don't post anything.

Abdi, I think what you posted is a great idea, and I think it should be an available option, but not a necessity. Everyone here buys and sells at their own risk, and realize that to every preventative measure someone somewhere will find a way around it. I think strict enforcement of selling rules should be maintained continuously as well as the option that you proposed for insecure buyers/sellers.

Solution to all issues: Communication
The issue of someone else buying your item if it is on eBay can be circumvented by direct contact between buying and selling party, and quick transaction which is done within a few minutes and eBay/PayPal is the medium for it. Realize, that if someone is serious about buying and selling something, especially if it is of value >$100, it would be in their best interest to establish a personal contact with the other party to complete the transaction, and coordinate time from both parties' schedules to do this transaction officially. If done quickly in a coordinated fashion on eBay, other bidders will not be an issue.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
uhhh what if you make an ebay page for a item and someone else that isn't part of the transaction buys it?

good point. Maybe there's way around this? I don't use Ebay a lot, so I'm not too knowledgeable. Seems like there should be a way to have a private listing on there that the general public can't search for...

I like some of the elements of this idea, there's potential. If nothing else, this is a good discussion for us to be having. Obviously members are concerned, and that is important to keeping 6GA what it is. Maybe these discussions will lead to a better solution.

To me, communication is the key when it comes to making the buyer comfortable AFTER they've paid for an item, and the seller hasn't shipped it yet. As long as the buyer is made aware of the progress of the sale, there are no issues. Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way to officiate a sale relative to communication.

In the interim, two things I can DEFINITELY say right now:

1) I like the idea of having more than 50 posts to sell.
2) Bring back Trader Rating system

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Adding to the post count or anything will not necessarily fix or help the problem. Really the only way to prevent being scammed is to be a smart buyer. Make sure you can trust the buyer before you purchase something. Get their address, phone number, name, etc. So if there is a problem you have a way to get in contact with them.

In the end, the best way to prevent being scammed is to just be smart.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
my motto is dont but off people who arent known by at least a few board members on a personal basis. I figure if something happens to the seller I can ask a friend of theirs.

also I dont buy off people who do ghetto crap like JOE nor do I buy off people who dont seem to know what they are talking about or are too hyped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back