★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread [ 56k = ok.. for now ]

Hey thanks for the compliments guys, I am so happy that this is finished, I cannot explain. I refuse to go into boost before a tune, I don't want to ruin anything with this project. Oh, I am the second boosted DEP. The first is Hotaccord, don't forget!

Last edited:

mr. smith

Reaction score

i see you finally got the bumper on lol, when are u taking it in for a tune?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Probably next week. It all depends on when that piping comes in! As soon as it's in I'm going to muffler shop, and then tune same, or next day!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

damn nikita.. tht was a quick turnaround :eekwtf:

tht thing is sexy as fawk... :omghi2u: and clean install too.. props to u bro :thumbsup:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

nice man..what kind of piping is that? I like how it sits nice behind the bumper..mine was a pain/still is..ha

Open wastegate or run back into exhaust?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

damn nikita.. tht was a quick turnaround :eekwtf:

tht thing is sexy as fawk... :omghi2u: and clean install too.. props to u bro :thumbsup:
Thanks man! Yeah I really needed this done quick, so I just decided to get it done. Right now the problem is that I don't have the exhaust piping yet.. only Monday.

nice man..what kind of piping is that? I like how it sits nice behind the bumper..mine was a pain/still is..ha

Open wastegate or run back into exhaust?
The piping is from Drag Turbo. It was made for the car. The only problem I ran into was the little extension on the radiator, it sticks out and when the pipe is there it tends to rub on it. I think it may be a similar situation as you with the motor mount erosion. It's kind of a tight space between the radiator and the radiator support. Tucking it behind the bumper was a little weird for me. Your piping attaches to the intercooler in the middle of the side. On my intercooler, ir attaches at the bottom. The bumper is hiding the pipes, but the bottom of bumper cover bends out. What I did was cut into the bumper to relieve tension on the bottom part and some of the piping sticks through underneath.

It's an open wastegate.

Nikita I am so proud of you man you did it.
Thanks Mike! :driving:

Damn it Nikita your prolly the most improved accord in 2009! :omgbd:
Wow Ron, thank you for considering that. Much appreciated man! :peace:

^ word

...aside from those tiny tires still :lawl:
Kind of a weird setup now. I have 225/40R18 on front now, but on rear it's 215/35R18. Sort of a temporary fix. I'll need to supplement the back with higher profile and thicker tires for sure!

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Nikita,

Much props to you, the car has come a long way in a very short amount of time. Hope all goes well with the tune and you can get the most potential out of the build. :beer:

Back