★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 6/6/11*

Thanks Devin!

Akoutmos I'll have to weigh all the rest of the parts on a bathroom scale and tab it all up. I'll do that when I am finished removing everything.

akoutmos

Reaction score

Then you gotta get your self some corner scales and weight balance the accord :D

akoutmos

Reaction score

Buy, or find a place that has scales that go under the tires of the car. The scale system will then tell you how much weight there is at each tire (or corners of the car). Then it is a matter of finding stuff that can be easily moved (battery, reservoirs, large cables, accessories, etc.) and moving them around to try to get an even distribution of weight.

What you want to try to do is get the front left and right close together in weight. And also the back left and right close in weight. Seeing as the accord is front heavy, getting the rear to be of similar weight as the front is not really feasible. But it is always good to move some things towards the rear of the car so that it is not too front heavy.

Here is a good read on this: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/understanding-corner-weights/

And here are the scales:
http://www.americanweigh.com/produc...cts_id=1329&osCsid=mupkktlap9b298nl9qj6r50vj4

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

After gutting it, I am pretty sure that the rear end is rather weightless compared to the front.. Any suggestions as to what I can put there to even out the weight besides the battery? My battery is small and weightless too lol.. Odyssey PC680. I am going to weld in an 8-pt or 10-pt roll cage, so that may help add weight throughout the car but I don't know about necessarily the rear end.

I'll need to find someone locally who has those ComputerScales.. I have never even heard of them before. Any serious race (not necessarily tuning) shop should have them?

akoutmos

Reaction score

Any good race shop should have them. Pretty common tool for performance shops. The most important thing will be to keep the left and the right side close in terms of weight.

Are you going to be time attacking your accord? If so AAAAAAWWWWWW YEA!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Ah ok, so distribution between left and right sides is more important than front to back? I mean, if I can't get it perfectly it would be best to even left-to-right at the least, and front-to-back if possible, but the most important is left-to-right?

Goal is to be able to do a little bit of everything including autocross/time-attack.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

nice!!! glad I'm not the only one with plans for Time attack in my accords future. corner balancing is a definite plus. we learned alot about it in my motorsports chassis fabrication class. all the info akoutmos posted is correct. :thumbsup:

akoutmos

Reaction score

left and right should be priority. You are not going to be able to do much with the front to back

Back