04 Acura TL MT Rear Sway Bar (20mm)

[email protected].

Reaction score
I ordered the stabilizer bar, bushings, and bushing holders earlier this week from http://AcuraOEMparts.com

52300-SEP-A11 SPRING, RR. STABILIZER 1 $32.72 $32.72
52306-SEP-A11 BUSH, RR. STABILIZER HOLDER (20MM) 2 $1.10 $2.20
52308-S3M-A00 HOLDER, STABILIZER BUSH 2 $0.84 $1.68
Subtotal $36.60
Shipping Charge [Shipping Charge may vary with package size / weight] $5.00
Handling Charge $3.95
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $45.55

The stuff hasn't arrived yet, and I'm wishing I'd have ordered the links right away. We'll see how it looks when it all gets here, but it website was easy to work with.

[email protected].

Reaction score
Sway bar, stabilizer bar..... sometimes they're called anti-roll bars, and that's the main purpose; keeps the car flatter in hard corners. Those who've installed them also say it gives the car more neutral handling. FWD cars like to plow in the corners, and beefing up the rear sway bar is supposed to reduce that.

HomerJay

Reaction score
Sway bar, stabilizer bar..... sometimes they're called anti-roll bars, and that's the main purpose; keeps the car flatter in hard corners. Those who've installed them also say it gives the car more neutral handling. FWD cars like to plow in the corners, and beefing up the rear sway bar is supposed to reduce that.
And anti-sway bars, too...;)...I've got one of these TL bars sitting in my dining room now. Also have the TL end links...:)...I'm hoping to install it all (and lower, too!) next weekend...:D

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Those who've installed them also say it gives the car more neutral handling. FWD cars like to plow in the corners, and beefing up the rear sway bar is supposed to reduce that.

Yup, exactly what it did for me. I actually didn't feel like my car understeered terribly stock, it was pretty good compared to alot of cars i have driven. But, as started upgrading my suspension, understeer got worse at the limits (although the limits are were obviously greater after mods). So this took it back to where it was before, or even a bit better probably, but with much better handling from all the mods.

accord1082

Reaction score
I also upgraded to the 20mm 04' Acura TL rear sway bar. This has been the best investment I have made as far as suspension. It has helped all my other upgrades to perform in harmony. I finally took it out tonight for some fun. Handles very flat in the corners and feels way more predictable. I also have Eibach pro springs and Tokico HP’s with an Eibach front strut bar. You can easily tell the difference by doing about 70mph and moving the wheel back and forth. The only problems I had was with the end-links. I did notice that the rear was a bit stiffer but for the amount of stability it gave me, I’m happy. :thumbsup::)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It has helped all my other upgrades to perform in harmony. I finally took it out tonight for some fun. Handles very flat in the corners and feels way more predictable.

That's probably the best description i've heard. That's exactly how i felt. When you start stiffing up a car, springs, shocks, strut bars (i swear, my eibach bar actally works), bigger tires, your car is going to understeer. It doesn't matter if it's FWD or not. But that's exactly how i felt. It basically just feels better now. All the negative things of upgrading my suspension are gone, feels great, no downsides. I can't image a better mod for the price. I love how it doesn't drastically change anything. It's fairly subtle but defineatly noticeable, no downsides.

euroking99

Reaction score
i thought about using the TL bar too, but i decided to go with the ST F&R setup. when i got it in the mail, i didnt know that it was an adjustable set. each setting felt different. some made me feel comfortable, others were pretty scary. i paid 250 shipped. a bit pricey, but cheaper than comptech and its adjustable

Back