04 Acura TL MT Rear Sway Bar (20mm)

F23Coupe

Reaction score
Wow, the 04 Acura TL MT rear sway bar fits on our 6th gen. too? I thought it only fits the 7th gen. Accords. Cool! The TL Type S is 22 or 24 mm, I think. I DO NOT recommend anyone get that without a matching front sway bar upgrade unless if they like to use their car as a stunt car and oversteer everywhere.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
A few of us on torontoaccords picked up the Progress 24mm 04 TL rear sway bar. Quite a bit of a difference, even between the 22mm vs 24mm.

rshinds

Reaction score
just picked up 04 tl 6mt swaybar, bushings, mounts, form "autopartspeople.com" for $54.00 shipped to my door...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Noob question: I notice that it says mt swaybar...is that just for the Manual transmission 6th gen accords?

The only reason you want the MT is it's bigger than the AT on TLs. They are interchangeable between auto and MT on both accords and TL's, they just made a larger bar for the TL's since it's more "sporty" i guess.

Alittle update. Unfortunatly the bar is rubbing now. Since the clearance is so tight, i think when i did my struts, the bar must have shifted slightly. I've tried to bend the bracket with a hammer and a long pipe, didn't work at all. Since i don't have access to a lift, i haven't tried a torch yet. I really do not feel comfortable using a tourch under my car on jackstands. I may just take it to an exhaust shop and see if they can do it for me for like $20 or so. It's only a little squeak though, i can live with it (and have for a few months) for now.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
whats the reason for the squeaking? aka why is it rubbing? car lowered too much or something? i am going to be gettin one, but not liking the idea if it squeaks.

Back