15" Rockford Fosgate in custom box

gt58

Reaction score
PRICE DROP!!! 300$$

selling my 15 because i got an 8 coming in the mail next week. its a rockford T1D415 thats rated at 1000 rms, but seriously wouldnt doubt it taking 1.5k daily no prob. its in a custom box that me and my buddy built ourselves (a hobby we have. i've built well over 20 boxes). its got a double layer front baffle and 45's in the corners for more fluid air movement. i hit the port walls with a roundover also for better air flow. the box fits perfectly in a sedan. Ive had the woofer for about 6 months and never abused it. This box is only 2 months old, my previous box the shop built for me was tuned too high for my liking (38 Hz) so i built this one. Current box is tuned to 30 Hz and absolutely kills the lows and can still hit those punchy bass notes hard too. I have used my dd-1 on the system so its never seen a dirty signal in its whole life.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/(S(c...)/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=112880

i would prefer to try to sell this locally (Orange county area)

im asking 450 on criagslist but i'll let it go for 350 on here. we can meet up and ill give you a demo so you can see what kind of power this sub can put out!!

IMG_20121214_133842.jpg

IMG_20121214_134012.jpg

it looks like its right up against the trunk because of this camera angle, its a good 8 inches away which is ideal.

IMG_20121214_134047.jpg

massive port to move some serious air.

IMG_20121214_134100.jpg

IMG_20121214_134126.jpg

the 45's inside current box:
IMG_20120907_200310.jpg

350 gets you the sub, custom box, speaker wire, and trim panels i have to prevent it from sliding around.

sad to see it go but i have another woofer on the way and i really need some $$$ for coils

Last edited:

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
Nice. Id like to build a custom box for my 2 15s but not sure how to build the ideal ported box.. Time for me to do some research :)

Glws

gt58

Reaction score
Nice. Id like to build a custom box for my 2 15s but not sure how to build the ideal ported box.. Time for me to do some research :)

Glws

two 15's would be pretty tricky. you want enough size so they can perform well, but you still need it to fit lol. if you decide on doing it, post up some pics :D

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
two 15's would be pretty tricky. you want enough size so they can perform well, but you still need it to fit lol. if you decide on doing it, post up some pics :D

Haha yea I found out that it has to have ALOT of air volume inside the box and it would take up my entire trunk lol

Just curious, but does ported 15 sound better than 2 15s non ported box? And what is the difference with the tuning? I see like 30-34hz or whatever but dont understand the difference in sound or quality and couldnt find difinitive answers..

gt58

Reaction score
a ported box will move air while a sealed box will move very little. when tuned right a ported box will give you more SPL and deeper bass. going ported also gives you the option to tune the box how you want. i chose to tune low, 30, and i can play songs in the lower 20Hz range and my whole car MOVES. if it was tuned to 40 Hz you could play really punchy bass and hit a higher number at higher (40s Hz) than that lower tuned box, but you're limited and that same song at 22Hz wont even be heard because of the falloff of the tuning range. like when i had that previous box that was tuned at 38, i tried hitting the lows but it wasnt there so i built my box thats tuned at 30Hz. i can still hit those punchy bass notes and i can also kill the lows and make the shirt youre wearing flex.

edit: when it comes to SQ 15's arent the usual go to. most SQ oriented applications will use a twelve or two twelves in a sealed box. usually a sealed box will have better SQ but less SPL. 15's and 18's are definately geared towards the SPL bass heads :)

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^This is true.

I have two SL15's in a sealed box, and they are not nearly being used to their potential.

I do plan to get a ported box built, but we'll see how much of my trunk space I am able to save once that is done.

gt58

Reaction score
^This is true.

I have two SL15's in a sealed box, and they are not nearly being used to their potential.

I do plan to get a ported box built, but we'll see how much of my trunk space I am able to save once that is done.

where do you stay at? i'd love to build your box haha

SykVSyx

Reaction score
where do you stay at? i'd love to build your box haha

I would much rather have someone build the box for me than take it to a shop.

Unfortunately, I am a good 2K+ miles away from you.

I am hoping somebody local can help me out though.

Appreciate the offer.

gt58

Reaction score
I would much rather have someone build the box for me than take it to a shop.

Unfortunately, I am a good 2K+ miles away from you.

I am hoping somebody local can help me out though.

Appreciate the offer.

you should hit up the SMD forums and see if you have any box builders locally. because shops will charge you up the *** and most likely they will half *** it.

Back