18x8.5 Inch rims with tires?

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
I've even seen 9.5's stretching 205 tires on some vdubs.. anyway, Keith had 9's on 215 and it didn't even have much of a stretch. So with 225 on a 8.5.. there shouldn't be much stretch at all, if any. With a slightly aggressive drop and about -2.5 to -3 camber, it will sit pretty flush and won't be sticking out. I wouldn't recommend getting lowering springs if you're going for this setup though. It might not be low enough. I would at least get Tein Basics and you should be fine.
there's more to stretching than just tire width.

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
more like brands and sidewalls too. Some tires stretch better than others. because they're more experienced :jarred:

truWarier02

Reaction score
more like brands and sidewalls too. Some tires stretch better than others. because they're more experienced :jarred:

Oh yeahhhh, I notice that Falken ZIEX tires stretch a lot compared to stiffer sidewalls of like Kumho Ecstas.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like most of the time I read discussions on tire stretching, Falken is always centerstage.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
nankangs and falkens stretch around the same from what i've been reading online. I'm going with 215/45 Nankang NS-1's on my 17x9 +35 XXR's i just picked up.

truWarier02

Reaction score
nankangs and falkens stretch around the same from what i've been reading online. I'm going with 215/45 Nankang NS-1's on my 17x9 +35 XXR's i just picked up.

Nice.. 17x9 all around? How much did it cost you? I'm planning to get a staggered set :haysm9:

Back