1998 Accord Sound System HELP

callmeryang

Reaction score
i also have a question..so now im thinking of ordering speakers online and whatnot.
what really can be the worst case scenario with buying speakers online and installing at a shop?
what's so good about warranty..etc?
sorry if i'm asking dumb questions i just want to be sure of things before my hard earned dollars go towards this.

what can really go wrong? can the speakers break blah blah

eggyhustles

Reaction score
okay thanks, so the mistake i think i was making was getting coaxials..
so i'll look into components.

so don't replace back speakers? but what if right now .. my stock system i hear crackles lol doesn't that mean if i replace the front speakeres only that the back will still crackle pop?

The speakers probably have a rip in them from being played so long @ high levels.

i also have a question..so now im thinking of ordering speakers online and whatnot.
what really can be the worst case scenario with buying speakers online and installing at a shop?
what's so good about warranty..etc?
sorry if i'm asking dumb questions i just want to be sure of things before my hard earned dollars go towards this.

what can really go wrong? can the speakers break blah blah

Anything can break if installed wrong/handled wrong.

do this

make an account here http://www.caraudio.com/forum/

find out what's the best shop in your area. you can probably find someone local to put it together for you..same with a box builder.

callmeryang

Reaction score

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
i didnt get it installed. but he helped me checked whats wrong with my components because my mechanic forgot to put back the wires back. and i missed it while i checked it. so he helped me put it back. i paid him 10 bucks(but thats because i offered him that much) he never gave any specific payment and since your 6ga im sure he will give hook up. he will be at the 626 meet you can probably talk to him about it. if you come. im sure he will install your speakers front and back for like 20-30 dollars but you need to ask him yourself. any ways hes cool guy

callmeryang

Reaction score
alright thanks for the recommendation!
hope my system lives up to my expectations. i don't understand how my dad drove 11 years with this crackly system when turned up high.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
fyi 800-1000 is more then enough money for components. 9887 headunit(230 with tax and ipod cable (that cable was 20 dollar). infinity components (reference 105 dollars) from the site i linked you. infinity kappa (98) same site. and infninty 12 inch sub reference 48 dollars same site. excloser 25 dollars. 800 watt rca 4 channel amp. 160 plus jl audio cables installed. 160 kenwood 1000 watt amp for sub and Rockford cables installed. do can do it with just 100 dollar head unit and spend around 800 for everything installed if not cheaper. i didnt know little charlie back them or else i would of gotten it cheaper probably. i never seen anyone like this when it comes to speakers imo lol

callmeryang

Reaction score
fyi 800-1000 is more then enough money for components. 9887 headunit(230 with tax and ipod cable (that cable was 20 dollar). infinity components (reference 105 dollars) from the site i linked you. infinity kappa (98) same site. and infninty 12 inch sub reference 48 dollars same site. excloser 25 dollars. 800 watt rca 4 channel amp. 160 plus jl audio cables installed. 160 kenwood 1000 watt amp for sub and Rockford cables installed. do can do it with just 100 dollar head unit and spend around 800 for everything installed if not cheaper. i didnt know little charlie back them or else i would of gotten it cheaper probably. i never seen anyone like this when it comes to speakers imo lol

haha, yeah but all the amp cables and harness are pretty expensive parts as well so you have to add that.
the place im getting it installed at is an authorized dealer and has been privately owned 25+ years so that's also good i guess

callmeryang

Reaction score
i'd never let anyone from best buy touch my car.

haha seems everyone hates on best buy these days!
and thanks eggyhustle for the CA.com recommendation. i'm getting hammered for what i was trying to get lol..
phew thank goodness i went in to the store and did my research online b4 doing anything.

Back