pattywak

Reaction score
Re: new tint

True that man I was bumpin down the street hard and a cop pulled me over so I turned off the car threw my deck in the glove box and put my keys on the dash, by the time he got there he made up a dumb *** rule telling me to yield properly next time I saw a cop on the side of the road and left.

Haha.:lolrun:

Why the keys on the dash? Is this similar to the thing I've heard before about if you throw your keys in the passenger footwell the officer can't do something or osmething like that? I thought it was total BS.

kurtage77

Reaction score

looks real nice
kinda reminds me firebird taillights

ummmmm... i dont know how to respond to this.

how bout you black them out more and let someone a$$-end you, then you will find out why you need to see the taillights in the daylight

...but seriously :eusa_wall:
people behind gotta know if you're slowing down or signaling!

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score

Since I tinted my tails, other drivers including cops drive far behind me haha . Cops here in new Orleans could give a **** about any kind of mods done to a car. The only thing that they'll pull you over for is speeding.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

i almost had a guy run into my bumper during a TN meet cause my tails were too dark

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Patrick, putting the keys on the dash and placing both hands on the steering wheel is a procedure you should follow when pulled over, it helps the cop from a precaution standpoint. He can see where your hands are, and no there's no way you're taking off/nothing to hide. Basically, doing this can sometimes make the difference between the cop being an a**hole or being a pleasant person. And between getting a warning or a ticket.

As far that the tint goes, my tails are tinted but nowhere near that dark. And yes, I totally facepalmed reading the OP's comment. Dude, the tint makes the biggest difference during the day, not at night. It's way harder to see brake lights and turn signals through tinted lights when the sun is still out.

pattywak

Reaction score

Patrick, putting the keys on the dash and placing both hands on the steering wheel is a procedure you should follow when pulled over, it helps the cop from a precaution standpoint. He can see where your hands are, and no there's no way you're taking off/nothing to hide. Basically, doing this can sometimes make the difference between the cop being an a**hole or being a pleasant person. And between getting a warning or a ticket.

I've known about putting both hands on the steering wheel, but putting the keys on the dash is a new one. When I was pulled over for turning on a yellow light, I just turned my car off and kept my hands on the wheel. I just didn't know if it was like some super secret ninja thing or something like that.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

I've known about putting both hands on the steering wheel, but putting the keys on the dash is a new one. When I was pulled over for turning on a yellow light, I just turned my car off and kept my hands on the wheel. I just didn't know if it was like some super secret ninja thing or something like that.

Not a ninja thing, it's a pirate thing. That's why it works.

Back