GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Re: car stalling out

My car used to do this after driving on a hot day in stop and go traffic and then quickly stopping off at a local mall. When I get back into the car the thing would stall out. To get it going I would have to keep giving it gas and quickly putting it into drive. I have a 2000 V6.

Yes, this frequently happens to me, too. I know plenty of other V6's have come across the same problem. It is a V6-specific problem.

It is only an issue on WARM STARTS. Please correct me if anyone has truly experienced this after the car has been sitting for a long time.

As far as the cause, I'm honestly not sure. I'm pretty sure it's not IACV or EGR. And I don't think it's a spark problem, either.

I wouldn't run myself into the ground trying to figure it out, either. In the case that it does happen, all you need to do is give a nice little blip of the throttle once when you start it, and then the revs will stabilize and slowly head back down to the stock idle around 750rpm.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Re: car stalling out

Yes, this frequently happens to me, too. I know plenty of other V6's have come across the same problem. It is a V6-specific problem.

It is only an issue on WARM STARTS. Please correct me if anyone has truly experienced this after the car has been sitting for a long time.

As far as the cause, I'm honestly not sure. I'm pretty sure it's not IACV or EGR. And I don't think it's a spark problem, either.

I wouldn't run myself into the ground trying to figure it out, either. In the case that it does happen, all you need to do is give a nice little blip of the throttle once when you start it, and then the revs will stabilize and slowly head back down to the stock idle around 750rpm.

Test your ECT sensor. Like I said in my other post.

Back