30 mph over the speed limit

99Vtec

Reaction score
I just recently got busted doing 60 in a 40. The ticket would've been $270 but but i got lucky and the officer gave me a moving violation that made my ticket $154. If that gives you any idea.

accordrocca

Reaction score
i also go to school in norcal and live in socal
i come home all long the 99 and five about once a month and fly down the grapevine i hit 110 and ive not once seen a cop in that area.
sucks man, 30 over can climb up to about 500 bucks.
goodluck, and fight it!
tell the damn judge the story n he should understand
best of luck!

intel0116

Reaction score
ok so i live in socal, and about a year ago got a ticket on the grapvine, theres really no way around it, unless you can prove beyond a reasonable dought that you had no choice to be going that speed such as the flow of traffic or to avoid an accident. if you cant prove eaither of those things your pretty much screwed and gona have to pay the ticket. you dont have to appear in court if you just want to get it over with and pay the "full bail amount" which is usely the full fine ammount of the ticket. what i usely do is ask for an extension, which is usely 3 months, then about 3 or 4 days before the extension runs out, ask for a court date, which will be another 3 months, so basicly your gona extend it out to 6 months, the reason i reccomend doing this is so that when you do appear in court you have a very good chance that the CHP officer wont show up, which happens all the time, or the officer will have " no recall of the incodent" which also happens all the time, and in eaither one of those events the ticket will be droped and you wont have to pay crap and it wont go on your record, its basicly erased. now on the other hand if he does show up and does rember the incodent, and you cant prove that you " needed to be going that fast" then you can ask the judge for a fine reduction and traffic school so it dosent go on your record, hes gona ask why, tell him your a student and unemployed, they never check or ask for verifcation, ive had tickets go form 1200 bucks down to 350 bucks by doing this process, and ive even goten out of many becaue the officer dosent show up or just plain dosent rember. now since this happend on the grapevine, ( ive been ticked there a few times ) your probly gona have to be dealing with the santa clerita court house, if its not to far out of your way i suggest fighting this the way i explained to.
hope this helps.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
he actually caught me not with laser but getting right next to my quarter panel and pacing me. he said he did it for 1/2 a mile but i really doubt that

why and the hell are you speeding with a cop next to you. i always do five under ANYTIME i see a cop.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Good luck, I got a speeding ticket for 12 mph. Going 47 on a 30, residential area, I was basically following traffic. Ticket came out to be $275 and $45 for online traffic school. From what I know of, any speeding ticket above 15MPH or 25MPH, I forget; you are not eligible to go to traffic school and have to either go to court or take the points. Yes that was my first offense also.

Back