3m Carbon fiber wrap??

vtech204

Reaction score
I Really don't see it as being rice though. I mean it's never been done before!! And the good thing about the 3m wrap is, if u don't like it peel it off! I'm going to get some of my buddies left overs of his I'll put it on and take some pics and see what u guys think. And as the fat chick thing? Lol dosnt really go with what we r talking about lol I'm not hiding a defect lol and the manual look a like is pretty funny I think haha

imaricer:)

Reaction score
I Really don't see it as being rice though. I mean it's never been done before!! And the good thing about the 3m wrap is, if u don't like it peel it off! I'm going to get some of my buddies left overs of his I'll put it on and take some pics and see what u guys think. And as the fat chick thing? Lol dosnt really go with what we r talking about lol I'm not hiding a defect lol and the manual look a like is pretty funny I think haha

your trying to make your rims look lighter than what they really are :slap:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
^why do you have a lowered car and an exhaust? you making your car look faster than it really is?

I say do it if you want to. But keep in mind that, you will need to start off with one solid piece of Di-Noc, enough to cover the entire wheel, and more. If you plan to do just the lip of the wheel, you will also need 1 large piece.

Remember that Di-Noc is rated 2 years exterior in UV light, and 6+ years in interior away from UV. When it's applied on the wheels, the lift will be shortened tremendously.

YES you can clear coat 3M Di-Noc. I've done it, and i've seen plenty of other people do it. It creates a shinier finish than the regular, but i'm not too sure about protection. Check on youtube for comparisons.

Remember, mis-infomration is worse than no information.

BTW, there are no true Carbon Fiber wheels available to consumers at this point. Even the ones from Strasse forged are an overlay. The closest one out there is from HRE, but that's only for the barrel, and it cost over 15K each.... So if you want to do it, just do it. Why fish for opinions of random strangers through the internet? It's your car, not theirs.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
^why do you have a lowered car and an exhaust? you making your car look faster than it really is?

I say do it if you want to. But keep in mind that, you will need to start off with one solid piece of Di-Noc, enough to cover the entire wheel, and more. If you plan to do just the lip of the wheel, you will also need 1 large piece.

Remember that Di-Noc is rated 2 years exterior in UV light, and 6+ years in interior away from UV. When it's applied on the wheels, the lift will be shortened tremendously.

YES you can clear coat 3M Di-Noc. I've done it, and i've seen plenty of other people do it. It creates a shinier finish than the regular, but i'm not too sure about protection. Check on youtube for comparisons.

Remember, mis-infomration is worse than no information.

BTW, there are no true Carbon Fiber wheels available to consumers at this point. Even the ones from Strasse forged are an overlay. The closest one out there is from HRE, but that's only for the barrel, and it cost over 15K each.... So if you want to do it, just do it. Why fish for opinions of random strangers through the internet? It's your car, not theirs.

This.

either do it or don't, Its not like your ever gonna meet most of these people on here in real life.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I didn't say you can't clear the Di-Noc, I'm saying that 99% of the time it looks like crap because there's such a fine line between too few coats and too many coats. I've worked with it plenty as well, and I wouldn't recommend it in an area that is subject to road debris. It's not extremely durable (which is why it's typically used for interior pieces), the debris you'd come in contact with while driving on the highway will scratch and damage the material and you'll never get those scratches out.

Reaction score
yeah ignore my metaphore and what everyone else has to say, i respect that you are looking for other ppls opinions but whan it comes down to it its your car and the only opinion that matters is your own. I say do it and if you dont like it you can always undo it.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
do it ... if it comes out looking nice then great ... if it looks like bad then you know not to try it ever again lol ... everyone keeps talking about how it's lame to make something look like something its not when just about everyone on here is guilty of doing just that at one time or another ...

Reaction score
do it ... if it comes out looking nice then great ... if it looks like bad then you know not to try it ever again lol ... everyone keeps talking about how it's lame to make something look like something its not when just about everyone on here is guilty of doing just that at one time or another ...

actually all of us who mod our cars are guilty of that that since they are usdm. except for the peeps who keep their car stock.

Back