$41 oil change?

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
yeah my cousin has a Toyota Previa, oil change on that was so simple.

I want a toyota so bad :sad:

champaned_out

Reaction score
hmmm you think the crappy oem jack is safe enough to use? or should i invest in those wooden ramps??

sodaks2k

Reaction score
it is. black gold.

Texas tea

hmmm you think the crappy oem jack is safe enough to use? or should i invest in those wooden ramps??

If you plan on doing it more than once "invest" in ramps. You can just drive up on 2x4's if you have them handy. And spend the $15 for jack stands while you're at it.

nah use the oem jack

I wouldn't trust that shiet. No way am I crawling under my car with the scissor jack holding it up.
:skurred: It's more tippy than a 5' girl with 44 double d's.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nah use the oem jack, ebrake is not required. Just be careful

wrong.

the SMART thing to do would be to set your ebrake so that your car doesnt have the chance to move and kill you.

I wouldn't trust that shiet. No way am I crawling under my car with the scissor jack holding it up.
:skurred: It's more tippy than a 5' girl with 44 double d's.

word, thats almost even dumber than not setting your ebrake.

that jack should be used for emergency purposes only, like changing a flat tire.....go figure that that would be the whole reason its in the car in the first place.

Last edited:

1fastj30a1

Reaction score
I called two Honda dealerships. One does it for $36.99, and the other does for $37.99 but throws in a complimentary car wash.

jwong512

Reaction score
I prefer to do it myself. It's much cheaper and plus, you can actually take your time and let as much old oil drain out as possible. I'm sure a shop would probably do an oil change in 30 minutes, when the proper way would be to let the oil pan drain for 30 minutes. You can't get all the old oil out but it's always best to get out as much old oil as possible.

slowaccord

Reaction score
we charge anywhere from 25-35 for a regular cars oil change. if its 5 quarts if usually 30 bucks.

we only make like 15 bucks if that. Disposal costs alot and so does the oil we buy from the company.

slowaccord

Reaction score
I prefer to do it myself. It's much cheaper and plus, you can actually take your time and let as much old oil drain out as possible. I'm sure a shop would probably do an oil change in 30 minutes, when the proper way would be to let the oil pan drain for 30 minutes. You can't get all the old oil out but it's always best to get out as much old oil as possible.

another obvious way to do it is to drop fresh oil from the top. when you start seeing the new oil being drained its time to plug!:thumbsup:

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
I get mine done at Mobil 1 for about $40-$50 (high mileage oil + new filter). but if I wasnt so scared in doing it myself I would.. it seems so easy and money saving

Latest posts

Back