5sp Swap wiring/ecu problems

jrm01011

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been lurking around this beautiful forum for a few years now but this will be my first official post.

Now on to the issue. I have just done a transmission swap to a 5sp in my 2002 coupe EX I4. I found a really nice donor car at a local salvage yard (also a 2002 EX). Anyway I purchased the entire swap, motor, transmission, ECU, wiring harness, pedals...... The issue is that even after I took it to Honda to get the immobilizer reflashed to match the new ECU, I still cannot get the car to turn over at all. The fuel pump comes on and the main relay clicks. If I put power directly to the starter everything starts and runs fine.

I am running the manual ecu with the manual motor and transmission harness.

I'm fairly good with wiring diagrams and pinouts but i cannot seem to find a completely comprehensive pinout for the manual ECU.

Thanks in advance for any help.

james'99

Reaction score
So it seems like there is no start signal making it to the starter itself. Either that or it doesn't have the 12v constant coming down stright from the battery. The other possible culprit would be a faulty ignition switch. It's definitely not an immobilizer issue because even if you put power to it, it wouldn't start if the immobilizer detected an issue.

jrm01011

Reaction score
The ignition worked when i tore the car apart with no issue.

Is there any reason i would need to wire up the clutch safety switches? I've talked to a few buddies in the industry and they seem to think its in the park/neutral safety switch or the clutch safety switch. I obviously have the switches on the clutch pedal and the pigtails from them but I do not know where or how to wire them.

jrm01011

Reaction score
lUnfortunately no havent been able to find it. Tried the local Honda dealer and they were no help. I have a buddy trying to find it right now using Mitchell.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I use alldata at work when I need it, but that's a subscription.

I bet the wire is the same color at the key and starter, and your stock connector is near the shift lever. It also disables start when you aren't in 'park'.

Back