5spd SE

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Neight said:
sounds like everyone wants to do a 5 spd swap.

What i don't get is that these cars are relatively easy to find in a 5spd to begin with. If i for some reason had an auto, i'd just sell it and find a 5spd, seems cheaper unless you've done alot of work to your car.

Neight

Reaction score
yeah, if i get another accord , I would opt for a 2001 accord 5 spd white SEDAN ex with TAN leather .. But back in 03 when I got the 98, i had the hardest time finding a 5 spd, so i went auto, I wanted the leather...... :thumbsup:

Bearcat

Reaction score
:peace: Ive made the decision to do the tranny swap yay!! I found an ebay seller near me with moderate milage trannys for about 300$ and i decided to go with an exedy oe clutch flywheel combo. Also i found a trany shop in the next town over that quoted me 500-600$ for labor, very nice (borat). I heard that the special edition only came in automatic, is this true and if so will i have the first SE with a 5spd? Not a big deal but i think it would be cool. Gonna start accumulating the parts this fall and plan on having in done in time for next spring, i know i know but ive got to be realistic.

Did you do the swapt? How is the Exedy OE clutch?

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
nah JDM H22 tranny is 80@3800 RPM and USDM accord is 80@3000 RPM Ihad a H22 tranny once. I prefer my stock.

Back