6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Wow. What did rich have to say about that 2nd issue? That is a very scary and dangerous issue. Where you going for your honeymoon?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I have not mentioned it to him yet. He is so busy, I only give him one request at a time, lol. Right now I'm just trying to get my camera and y-pipe back from him. This issue was scary at first, then I realized revving after shifting into neutral prevents it, hardest part is remembering to do it. But like I said this rarely happens so right now I'm not too concerned. I'll be asking him about it soon though.

As for honeymoon, we are going to Maui. :)

changaroo

Reaction score
btw... breaking in a clutch doesnt include driving on the highway! its not being loaded / unloaded enough for it to warrant a breakin.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
btw... breaking in a clutch doesnt include driving on the highway! its not being loaded / unloaded enough for it to warrant a breakin.

Right, I was trying to say that it may not take other people 1000 miles for theirs to break in, since 375 miles of my 1000 were highway miles where no breaking in can really occur. Thanks for the clarification though, Eric. :)

btw, any clue about the 2nd issue I mentioned on the previous page?

Snoobly

Reaction score
^Thanks a lot. :)

Forgot to update...the clutch broke in somewhere around June 15-18, which was roughly 1000k miles. Seems high, but the drive home from Chicago was all highway so it makes sense. Amazing how different the pedal feels, I like it though because along with me getting better, the clutch as it is now makes the car easy to drive...thus more fun. The shift points are close, and with a touchy clutch it could get a little tricky at times. My wife enjoys a smoother ride now, lol.

Issues:

The check engine light came on Friday night (24th), and went off Saturday night (25th). No change in feel/sound, etc (like nothing happened)...not sure what that was about, Rich just said to let him know if it comes on again & pull the code. So far, it hasn't.

Also, there have been two instances where I'll be slowing down for a light & shifting into N to coast, and after I do, the RPM needle just falls to 0 and the motor dies. It has happened on two random mornings, and always went away after driving for a bit. I can avoid the motor dying by revving after I shift into N.

I have this same problem with my recently swapped I4 5 spd swap. Mine doesn't die everytime, but it gets down to round 100 rpms and either sits there or will slowly rev back up to normal idle. I cleaned my whole intake manifold and EGR port. I'm replacing the EGR valve this weekend to see if that solves it. Otherwise my other suspicion is the fuel pump beginning to go bad.

Mikey

Reaction score
Chris, aside from meeting everyone(and seeing a lot of sweet rides), Im looking forward most to seeing your car. Well, any J32/6spd 6G but I helped with yours, lol. Id like to see the fruit of my labors and get a ride. ;)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
UPDATE. Rich now has all the photos we took in the process, and we are trying to figure out the best way to get the DIY done. I got my camera back from him, so I'll be posting some more photos in this thread, I'll be cleaning up the thread and posting all photos in the OP.

Also I don't hate my mounts anymore, lol. I've gotten use to them actually, and with how much low end torque there is, it's good to have stiffer ones than OEM. The vibration is still kind of annoying when the A/C is on, but I don't think about it as much as I use to. This may or may not be due, in part, to the mounts breaking in as some have said they would.

I really want a V2 CAI.

I have this same problem with my recently swapped I4 5 spd swap. Mine doesn't die everytime, but it gets down to round 100 rpms and either sits there or will slowly rev back up to normal idle. I cleaned my whole intake manifold and EGR port. I'm replacing the EGR valve this weekend to see if that solves it. Otherwise my other suspicion is the fuel pump beginning to go bad.

Hmm, well report back if you find out what it is. The past couple days my car did it once or twice, then was fine the rest of the day.

Chris, aside from meeting everyone(and seeing a lot of sweet rides), Im looking forward most to seeing your car. Well, any J32/6spd 6G but I helped with yours, lol. Id like to see the fruit of my labors and get a ride. ;)

That puts pressure on me to make sure it looks good, Mike. lol j/k I was suppose to lower the front end with my wife's brother this past weekend, but he got busy. The uneven wheel gap has really been bothering me (resulting from using the subframe spacers) ever since Chicago.

But I've gotten much better at driving it, and the clutch broke in, so it's a much smoother ride now. I'll be sure to take you out. :thumbsup: I forget when you left Chicago..but I think it was before the motor/trans was in. In fact I'm sure it was because I remember putting it in with Rich and Ling, lol. It was much easier putting it in than taking it out.

Last edited:

valpo500

Reaction score
Great threat, I just read the hole 35 pages and it was like a writer telling a good story that kept me into it.
I've been thinking alot about this topic because Yesterday we started the same swap (just tranny, no J32 :( ) and things are starting to get a little bit messy.
This is the first time this swap is done locally, all the info comes from all U guys in USA. I'm from Costa Rica, Central America and this is the first accord 6G known swap in my country. I've been around this forum since almost 1 year ago gathering info and "knowledge" about the swap. Hondas are my passion and having a 6 gen accord v6 MT makes me crazy.
Chris do you know when is the DIY going to be published?? This kind of info will help me a lot during my next week. I did the same thing as you did, took vacation days since yesterday and I'm working with the mechanic day and night. Tranny is almost out of the car, but we have a lot of work left.

Let me know if you can help with some more pics in the next few days maybe by e-mail or PM's so we can have a better view of the whole process and don't miss any important detail.

Again thanks for this great threat and info, its helping me a lot with the swap and motivation. You are the best man.

Jose
Costa Rica

storms

Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back