6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Great threat, I just read the hole 35 pages and it was like a writer telling a good story that kept me into it.
I've been thinking alot about this topic because Yesterday we started the same swap (just tranny, no J32 :( ) and things are starting to get a little bit messy.
This is the first time this swap is done locally, all the info comes from all U guys in USA. I'm from Costa Rica, Central America and this is the first accord 6G known swap in my country. I've been around this forum since almost 1 year ago gathering info and "knowledge" about the swap. Hondas are my passion and having a 6 gen accord v6 MT makes me crazy.
Chris do you know when is the DIY going to be published?? This kind of info will help me a lot during my next week. I did the same thing as you did, took vacation days since yesterday and I'm working with the mechanic day and night. Tranny is almost out of the car, but we have a lot of work left.

Let me know if you can help with some more pics in the next few days maybe by e-mail or PM's so we can have a better view of the whole process and don't miss any important detail.

Again thanks for this great threat and info, its helping me a lot with the swap and motivation. You are the best man.

Jose
Costa Rica

I am helping on the DIY guide where I can, but I don't know the proper name for a lot of the parts showin in the photos, that's where Rich comes in but he is super busy running his business. We are coordinating back and forth ut it is slow going. If we can just get all the captions for the photos, I can arrange evrything and make the guide. There are tons of photos though so it is a great deal of work.

I leave for vacation next weekend, but I will try to help you where I can. I admire your bravery in attempting the swap!

if you need some info this link might help, it's the original swap on V6 performance: http://www.v6performance.net/forums...3383-6-speed-obsession-swap-info-harness.html
As well as this one:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums...02/90373-complete-list-6speed-swap-j30a1.html

They aren't as up todate but they are a good start until RedRyder gets his done!

Thanks for posting Storms.

Hey Chris hows that 6spd lsd treating you? :thumbsup: car looks good... little faster from the last time i saw it :hihi:

Tranny is non-LSD since its 7G AV6, but it is pretty damn great lol. I have gotten pretty good at driving the car, it is a ton of fun downshifting to pass people, and rev matching is a fun thing to try and get good at.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Tranny is non-LSD since its 7G AV6, but it is pretty damn great lol. I have gotten pretty good at driving the car, it is a ton of fun downshifting to pass people, and rev matching is a fun thing to try and get good at.[/QUOTE]

Thats good man. stick is def fun to drive! my 4cyl. is just too slow... thinking of Euro- accord tranny... I def need to get my new bumper and lip painted. :thumbsup:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
^I have not mentioned it to him yet. He is so busy, I only give him one request at a time, lol. Right now I'm just trying to get my camera and y-pipe back from him. This issue was scary at first, then I realized revving after shifting into neutral prevents it, hardest part is remembering to do it. But like I said this rarely happens so right now I'm not too concerned. I'll be asking him about it soon though.

As for honeymoon, we are going to Maui. :)

I had the same problem but with my auto happened twice, ended up being bad gas I think. I would try filling up at a different gas station.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
During IA I really began driving the car harder (thanks to "encouragement" from Matt lol), believe it or not I don't think I had really hit VTEC until this past weekend. I think it "kicks in" around 4800 RPM, because at those RPM's this motor freakin screams like no other. Can't wait to get a CL-S V2 on there. :) I still haven't redlined it though.

This swap is paying for itself. In dividends.

I will be posting more photos when I get my new computer together, 6 year old laptop died. :ugh:

HAHA

Thats good man. stick is def fun to drive! my 4cyl. is just too slow... thinking of Euro- accord tranny... I def need to get my new bumper and lip painted. :thumbsup:

Dude I wish I could see your car in person after all the changes you're making. You should come to IA next year.

I had the same problem but with my auto happened twice, ended up being bad gas I think. I would try filling up at a different gas station.

Thanks, I may try that. It has only happened once in the past several days...

Check engine light came on July 18th, then went off July 19th. It went off before I could grab the code. Til next time, lol...

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Me too! Driving on the freeway just isn't as fun by myself.

Last edited:
Back