6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't either, since the rpm reading is going to be accurate. Just shift when you know where the 7k mark is. :thumbsup:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
How's the weather up there in 6spd-ville? :p

Can't help but to love your car, man. :)

Thanks mang. It's always sunny with a cool breeze. :cool:

I can't wait til I do a type s swap and 6 speed swap in my TL-P. FCK buyin a new car. Lol

LOL. Yeah if you're not attached to the TL...I'd buy another car that already has a 6spd. I don't like anything out there enough now (cept maybe 08 TL-S), and I don't plan on selling the Accord, so I gave it a transplant.

What I'd really like is an Alfa 159 S.

alfa_romeo_159_ti_official.jpg

hey where did you get your swap? and im trying to locate a subframe.

I didn't have the option to get a dropout, I pieced mine together. Subframe, try Car-part.

Yeah I wouldn't either, since the rpm reading is going to be accurate. Just shift when you know where the 7k mark is. :thumbsup:

Yep. :thumbsup:

7576thgenv6

Reaction score
well ive had my "stock j30" 6thgen for along time now. well minus the intake. lol. im tired of replacing the 4spd auto tranny...i think 2x's is enough!! its time to put this car into action!! what 5spd or 6spd tranny bolts up to my j30!!! i really want to keep the j30 and not go to j32 just yet. i only got 120,000 on the car so its just now broke in. this car rides awesome and the power is great!! but really need help from the 6thgen fam and let me know what i can do tranny wise to make this a beast...cars been stock to long and its time to get the show on the road. :andy:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
might as well do the whole swap and the whole options are 6 speed go to v6performance.net and do some searching and reading as well as on this site or youre going to get fried cause this has been asking and posted many of times but good luck

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
UPDATE. Mileage is now 140k (swap was done at 132k). The CEL has not come on since I last reported it here. Additionally, I have not had any problems with the engine dying since last reported. For whatever reason, these two problem seem to have taken care of themselves. Everything has been solid.

BIG NEWS, I finally got hold of a Carfax report on my motor. Turns out it is actually from a 2001 CL Type-S, and actually has a last reported mileage of 38,500 miles! The CL-S it was in was totaled (2nd owner) in March of 2004 and went to the salvage yard in May of 2004. So the poor CL only had a life span of roughly 3 years (but good for me lol). Rich bought the motor in 2009. So I am trying to determine where the motor was when he bought it, and if it was used for anything in between 2004 and 2009. Rich is trying to dig up the invoice on it for me. So I will report back with confirmation or otherwise. But I feel very happy about paying $500 for a motor with under 40k miles!

Also finally picked up an AEM cold air. I have also been looking at P2R parts, but it seems like you would have to space the IM up to fit in the plenums…and not sure if I have the hood clearance for that. Anyone have any creative way of measuring hood clearance between the hood and the IM?

2011-12-10_16-30-59_209.jpg

Next plans are to get the Comptech headers modified to fit, but probably won’t do that until next spring. And I want to find an 01-02 Odyssey alternator. Aesthetics wise - want to polish the IM, and paint the valve covers and IM cover plate red. And I’d like to try and clean up the wiring/cables, either tuck or wrap them with something to make them look nicer. I have bigger plans for the motor (build & SC), but not until this car is not my DD anymore.

Videos – a bit of a predicament, I have tried a few ways of mounting the camera so you can see both the instrument cluster and the road, but without a mounting bar it’s hard. TBD

OP updated with a couple photos.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Chris, that's great.

IIM, was the tranny similar in price/mileage?

The engine I am looking at is around the same price as well, I just hope it's in as good a condition. The tranny was a bit more than the engine will be, but in total, I'm looking at about $1200-$1300 for both.

I have been looking in to the P2R parts also, Mike(MikeyMike) said to not even bother with the plenums, although Chris(99cfenvy) was happy with them. The other option is to get spacers for the stock plenums and just do that. Not sure exactly how that would work though. It apparently achieves the same results.

You prefer the Comptech headers over, say, the OBX ones?

J-SPEC

Reaction score
Ball of molding clay, erasable marker, needle, ruler/tape measure. Ball up the clay, place on the IM, lower and latch the hood. Set the clay on a flat surface, color the pin, measure clean section of the pin after inserting into and removing from the clay. Or just measure the clay itself if you think you can get a good measurement.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Ball of molding clay, erasable marker, needle, ruler/tape measure. Ball up the clay, place on the IM, lower and latch the hood. Set the clay on a flat surface, color the pin, measure clean section of the pin after inserting into and removing from the clay. Or just measure the clay itself if you think you can get a good measurement.

2 years ago that would have been helpful :lawl:

Back