6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

JDMpower25

Reaction score
hey man congrats on the swap. i got a question for you.
if a cl type s motor and trans are swapped in the accord ( like yours) can a stock cl type s harness and the ecu be used in the accord or does it have to be a custom made harness?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Christopher Robin :p

Sounds like she's doing well, except for a few CELs that seem to be easy fixes.

I had the same issues with intakes as well. The AEM SRI was very loud and very beastly. It was AEM pipe and filter. The one I currently have on, an INJEN pipe with Spectre filter, is loud but not near as loud as the AEM. Difference in design, air flow, filter....I dont know. The CAI on my buddy's TL isnt as loud as I though it'd be either. Who knows? All-in-all, **** looks good son. :)

Wait so you had an AEM SRI, and now you have an Injen SRI and it's quieter? Seems like they'd have to be the same or close, that's weird. Which one did you have on when you were in Chicago with me? Whatever it was, it sounded pretty good. :)

btw, saw your Ohio pics on the Book of Faces. What were you traveling through for?

Of course a cai would be quieter than a sri you noob. Lol....

WITH the exception of the v2, which is extremely loud haha

My experience has been the opposite, but really I was just expecting more out of the cold air. I didn't expect it to be V2 noise, but was hoping I'd hear something not TOO distant...and it's not even close. In retrospect the SRI that was on was maybe a little louder at lower RPM's, but sounded too "screamy" in the higher RPM's. The CAI sounds much better at higher RPM's.

I agree with you, the SRI sounded annoying.

^ False. My SRI is way quieter than any CAI I've heard. And quieter than modded stock airboxes with the resonator delete.

Don't know why.... but just saying I feel Chris' annoyance. Wish mine was louder, too.

Yes that's been my experience as well. And what's up with our piddly intake noise? :lawl: We have beast intake manifolds, etc...and somehow there isn't much growl there. I've determined, as a result of all this, the only CAI worth buying is the V2. And why does no one else make their own version of the V2? Apparently that dual diameter piping makes all the difference.

Speaking of V2's....they make one for the 3G TL.

CAI sounds great, but a little louder would be nice indeed.

I guess the best thing to do is to get a S/C or Turbo.

lol okay, just like that? j/k I'd like to S/C someday when this car isn't my daily anymore. But who knows, by then I might want a J36/7 in it. Or maybe I won't care about doing anything with the car by then. lol

hey man congrats on the swap. i got a question for you.
if a cl type s motor and trans are swapped in the accord ( like yours) can a stock cl type s harness and the ecu be used in the accord or does it have to be a custom made harness?

You didn't read closely, I am using a TL Type-S motor and 7G AV6 6spd transmission. But yeah if you have the CL Type-S motor/trans/ECU/sensors/dash harness, you should be good with the stock CL Type-S engine harness.

JDMpower25

Reaction score
ok thanks. so i need both engine harness and dash harness. got it thanks again. im new when it comes to v6's i always messed with f and h series engines.

Bax

Reaction score
How's the weather up there in 6spd-ville? :p

Can't help but to love your car, man. :)

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I can't wait til I do a type s swap and 6 speed swap in my TL-P. FCK buyin a new car. Lol

Accordman722

Reaction score
hey where did you get your swap? and im trying to locate a subframe.

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
I gotz question for you Chris?

If you swap the j32a2 in the accord, how do you know where the redline is?
Obviously different engines will have different redlines...
Unless you switch out your tach, how do you know when to shift if you're doing a 1/4 on the track?

I've always wondered this...
Would you know?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I gotz question for you Chris?

If you swap the j32a2 in the accord, how do you know where the redline is?
Obviously different engines will have different redlines...
Unless you switch out your tach, how do you know when to shift if you're doing a 1/4 on the track?

I've always wondered this...
Would you know?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+redline+on+a+cl+type+s

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
Well that didn't help much..
There's nothing to look at as a reference.

Had to use youtube and look at someones tachometer, I say at or right under 7k

So 6900-7000rpms.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^J30 redline is 6250, J32 redline is 7000. So even though the red tick marks on the tach do not start in the right place, I would know to shift at 7k or just under. Only way to correct this would be to find some glow gauges thatshow differently, but not sure if any exist as I don't plan to bother with it.

Last edited:
Back