6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [Six speed content]

Hey, I know what shift knob you should get, though not sure if ull like it, but from AV6 6-speed, I have one and it's amazing, check out my rides thread to see how it looks ;)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Sweet, even more reasons to look forward to IA, 2 6spd swaps.

Good luck chris, hope it all works out on schedule and without hassle.

So do I, Milan. I was pretty concerned over driving all that way and end up missing a bolt, etc, but Rich reassured me anything that's missing we can machine in his shop, and he has a car we can pull parts from. So pretty confident we're covered...but there's always surprises. :skurred:

Not bad, except the logo. Exactly what I'm looking for though otherwise, thanks man. Looks small for some reason...

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Picked up some Comptech headers, they'll go on while the motor is out.

DSC02412.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score

What about an Element shift knob? Everyone seems to be going for them lately.

kn0x47

Reaction score

here's mine
DSC_2009.jpg

the boot was made for a del sol but it'll be too short to fit that stock shifter. maybe rich has the tools to shorten and rethread that shifter for you

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Hey, I know what shift knob you should get, though not sure if ull like it, but from AV6 6-speed, I have one and it's amazing, check out my rides thread to see how it looks ;)

I took a look, are you talking about the last photo in the first post of your ride thread?

here's mine

the boot was made for a del sol but it'll be too short to fit that stock shifter. maybe rich has the tools to shorten and rethread that shifter for you

Nice! It's got the red engraved shift diagram, and the knob is chrome so it complements the ebrake button, door handles, etc. Is the boot the PWJDM one Mikey posted?

Yeah once we get the shifter in, I'll have to see how it feels, and if I want it lower. I always like the look of a shorter shifter, but not sure how that affects the throw, etc.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score

Elements are 5spd though.
Oh no.......that just wont do then, will it?

Lol.

You've got 2 shifters now, dont you? You said you bought one then your brother/brother-in-law gave you one, correct? If that's the case, maybe install one and shorten it and see how you like it. If you dont, you still have the back-up. Just a thought.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Yeah, it's nice to have two. Since Rich has done this so many times I'll be eager to hear his recommendation.

BIG update. :)

I was talking with Rich the other day and he informed me he has a few J32a2's lying around, and asked if I had considered swapping the motor too. I hadn't because I was thinking I'd like to try that on my own someday, as it's a little more straightforward than swapping the tranny.

However, I am thinking about doing it as the added cost is minimal, and if the motor/trans assembly is out anyway...it makes sense to do now. I am a pretty sensible person so it's hard for me, personally, to justify getting rid of a perfectly good motor just to buy another. Plus I had plans for the 3.0, albeit all cosmetic.

But the motivation is that Rich's J32 motors have between 50k and 70k miles on them, and my J30 has 131k. And then of course there's the powurrrrr. :drool: So it's pretty tempting. Thing is, I may have to take a complete loss on the J30, unless anyone here would want parts (engine covers, IM,valve covers, etc). I may take off of it what I can, and bring them back with me to sell parts. Or we may just bring the whole thing to a metal scrap yard, and get a few bucks for it. :skurred:

So yeah, this is now a 6spd 3.2 swap thread! :lawl:

Back