6th gen retrofit questions.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Stay away from eBay LED's then lol. Also try to design their implementation so they are easily interchangeable.

finch13

Reaction score
Well, of course I'd stay away from eGay. My plan is to buy some Lexan (aka polycarbonate plastic) from the hobby shop to mount and discreetly wire them. I'll probably buy the LEDs from Jameco, they tend to have a ton of different varieties and have good products (I bought all of my ECU chipping parts from them and the chips). Either way, the headlights will have to be opened to get at the LEDs.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well I understand they will have to be opened but I meant I would think of making them with quick-disconnects and just snap into the lexan/or board

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I am not sure of the perfect DIY, seems like somebody on E-H had one done, i will have to do some searching for it....can't remember which Admin did it..one of the boosted guys...anywho

I have FX projectors, and they are pretty big, not sure how they compare to the S2K...But i decided to swap in the 300zx lens instead of the TSX because of cost issues, and i still love the result of it...i would say the FX borders one of the large projectors, so not sure if you would want to try it because of the size...we had to cut a pretty large chunk out of the reflector to get it in....BUT i love the output, and the cutoff looks so much better then the TSX...I just wish my cutoffs lined up perfectly..i need to try the JnC method, i just need to find my OEM bulbs so i can throw on my blackhousing.

As for color modding the projectors, TSX is obviously easy since all you have to do is add washers....FX can be a tad more complicated, some people add like a rubber gasket between the lense and projector...or you could obviously bend the shield, but that had have a negative effect on the output and curve the overall cutoff...the FX also has two cutoff shields, i can't remember which one, but if you cut one of them then the cutoff gets sharper and adds more color...Simply adding in the 300zx lens made my blue, but it had a flare at the top so i had to do some adjusting, and made the mistake of getting greddy and bending the shield...

I really don't know if keeping the low beam chrome would effect the output, i personally like it painted just because of looks...i know with my old retro there was a gap behind the shroud, so some light escaped from there...and if you look at my current retro since it isn't sealed up 100% in the back it lights of the engine bay some haha..not much though..

As for clear lens...I noticed a farely big difference when i swapped mine out...My OEM wasn't in the best shape, but it was in no means bad...I don't have the TYC one, i bought some Halo projectors and swapped those out...So i personally would recommend finding a clear lense if you can

and another thing i am kinda biased on is the bixenon thing...i didn't have to wire it up personally, so i am not sure how hard it is...but i LOVE having it...i don't use it tons since i live in the city and barely drive roads that have no lights or traffic...however, whenever i do find a road i can use them on i will, and it makes such a big difference..i remember the first road i turned them on at...really night and day compared to OEM

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
wow i wrote lots...haha

edit....found the link on E-H but the pictures dont work anymore..sorry

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I am not sure of the perfect DIY, seems like somebody on E-H had one done, i will have to do some searching for it....can't remember which Admin did it..one of the boosted guys...anywho

I have FX projectors, and they are pretty big, not sure how they compare to the S2K...But i decided to swap in the 300zx lens instead of the TSX because of cost issues, and i still love the result of it...i would say the FX borders one of the large projectors, so not sure if you would want to try it because of the size...we had to cut a pretty large chunk out of the reflector to get it in....BUT i love the output, and the cutoff looks so much better then the TSX...I just wish my cutoffs lined up perfectly..i need to try the JnC method, i just need to find my OEM bulbs so i can throw on my blackhousing.

I really don't know if keeping the low beam chrome would effect the output, i personally like it painted just because of looks...i know with my old retro there was a gap behind the shroud, so some light escaped from there...and if you look at my current retro since it isn't sealed up 100% in the back it lights of the engine bay some haha..not much though..

As for clear lens...I noticed a farely big difference when i swapped mine out...My OEM wasn't in the best shape, but it was in no means bad...I don't have the TYC one, i bought some Halo projectors and swapped those out...So i personally would recommend finding a clear lense if you can
I'm starting to like the FX projectors. I really wish you had taken pictures of the retrofit in the process lol, just to get an idea of how much really needs to be cut. Which shroud did you end up using?

I'm thinking about just blacking out the entire low beam housing, just not to sure on how it would look.

I heard the eBay halo lens dosn't fit very well to the OEM or OEM style housings?

As for the perfect DIY, I didn't mean it like that I meant more like an in-depth 6th gen specific lol
wow i wrote lots...haha

edit....found the link on E-H but the pictures dont work anymore..sorry
Yeah I found it, pretty disappointed that there are no pictures. BTW how did you end up mounting the FX's, to the back or reflector?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i have them mounted to the reflector with some jb weld..i wish i would of done JnC method though...because once the jb weld drys u better hope it is perfect..mine isn't :( ...but yeah the halo lens wasn't a perfect fit, the holes for the lower amber strip didn't line up, so i could use that...and i had to leave it clamped longer when putting them back together because they didn't want to join haha

The shrouds are A4 inverted..

here is how much we cut in the reflector...
DSC_1673.jpg

DSC_1675.jpg

This is how far back it sits also...i know some people need to know this also
P5237126.jpg

OHH and with OEM lense and without...i wish i would of taken pictures of the cutoff
P5237123.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

ohhh and if it is an issue the halo lense has like small nipples on it..u can see them in the picture....and as you can see i didn't paint the low beam in this retro..and i haven't noticed any light being reflected off of it...my previous retro had it all painted..even the shroud..

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
For my Retro i used my ebay black housing headlights.The alignment screws mean nothing pretty much after the retro,so I wouldn't worry about that.

I used TSX projectors and used the Syclone-accords website for his mounting,using the list he gave for scews,springs ect.worked out good,can move them up and down easily,havnt messed with side to side yet.

i also painted my low beam reflector black and left the shroud chrome.but that was just for my liking,i think it looks alot better.

Hope that helps one of your questions.

Last edited:
Back