98 Accord LX 2.3 is running rough

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
Figured I'd ask On here to see if anyone has any ideas. Swapped my motor for a JDM not I can't get the car running right.

It idles fine. When I hit the throttle get to about 2000rpm then just cuts out.

New o2 sensors
new plugs & wires

20150427_170540_zpshtq5vhfp.mp4

http://vid8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/mikewohlwend/Mobile Uploads/20150427_170540_zpshtq5vhfp.mp4

Last edited:

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
Have the dash torn apart currently. Going to throw it back together tomorrow.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Borrow one from AutoZone. Over here you can give them your id or pay to rent, then you get everything back when you return the tool

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
I was going to call them in the morning to see what this would run. I have already talked to a dealership to see what they charge. Are there any places that sell them for a decent price? I know Harbor Frieght sells them, but don't know about the quality.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Which intake manifold are you using? USDM or JDM? Also, Check your map sensor as well. When i did my swap, my old one stopped working and i had to use the jdm one.

james'99

Reaction score
One that just gives you the code numbers is fine. If you want it to do a lot, you will pay a lot. I just don't think that is necessary in this case.

Dual purposed though? Try http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

There is also a bluetooth dongle xci likes to recommend. I haven't personally used it but I think it's very viable. Pair that with the Android app, Torque, and you are good to go.

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
Which intake manifold are you using? USDM or JDM? Also, Check your map sensor as well. When i did my swap, my old one stopped working and i had to use the jdm one.

Only thing I changed from the USDM motor is the throttle body.

Back