A/C problems

deucescorner

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I had to fix some freeon leaks, got them fixed. Tried it that day and it was cold. The next day, it was warmer, the air seems to be blowing warm air aswell. Right now it's only cold when it's cold outside and when it's hot it only blows warm air.

ppl are telling me that it might be my compressor but I hear it and feel it engaging when i turn the a/c on. Others have told me that it might be my a/c filter.

Could a dirty a/c filter really cause this or do i have another leak. I know i should've went back to the mechanic right away but i've been too busy.

Any thought?

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
im going through some A/C woes myself. Theres a lot that can go wrong with A/C systems. You can check to see that the compressor clutch is engaging and disengaging....another thing to check is if the condensor is very dirty. but since it was working, i would think it wouldnt be either of those. You may want to check the pressure in the A/C lines, so if its holding the pressure, its possible theres a leak again.

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
I have similar problems, but mine just doesn't get cold, it's just cool air. How would i check to see if my condenser is dirty or not?

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
its located right in front of the radiator...its should be covered in bugs:)

AFAccord

Reaction score
A shop should be able to do a pressure test with the A/C running. They would see whether the system holds pressure, and if the system charges correctly when the compressor engages.

deucescorner

Reaction score
when i had the intial leaks fixed, everything was checked(i'm assuming) but I will open up the glove compartment and check the filter aswell as the condensor

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Could a dirty a/c filter really cause this or do i have another leak. I know i should've went back to the mechanic right away but i've been too busy.

Any thought?

I don't think so. It sounds to me like all the "mechanic" did was recharge the system and send you on your way. then all the refrigerant leaked right back out again. Call the mechanic and tell him to either fix it right, or give you your money back. I would be willing to bet money he will try to tell you that you need a new compressor (probably $1,000 + for the mechanic). That is a trap shady mechanics like to use. They tell you they fixed it, when all they really did was put a band-aid on it (re-charged the system in your case.) Then when you take the car back, they tell you something bigger is wrong with it so they can rape your wallet. Do not trust that mechanic anymore.

deucescorner

Reaction score
I don't think so. It sounds to me like all the "mechanic" did was recharge the system and send you on your way. then all the refrigerant leaked right back out again. Call the mechanic and tell him to either fix it right, or give you your money back. I would be willing to bet money he will try to tell you that you need a new compressor (probably $1,000 + for the mechanic). That is a trap shady mechanics like to use. They tell you they fixed it, when all they really did was put a band-aid on it (re-charged the system in your case.) Then when you take the car back, they tell you something bigger is wrong with it so they can rape your wallet. Do not trust that mechanic anymore.

true, i'm gonna go call them tomorow and make an apointment

Back