A/C problems

cajun

Reaction score
ppl are telling me that it might be my compressor but I hear it and feel it engaging when i turn the a/c on. Others have told me that it might be my a/c filter.

Could a dirty a/c filter really cause this or do i have another leak. I know i should've went back to the mechanic right away but i've been too busy.

Any thought?

No, a dirty filter would not stop cause that. You said you feel the compressor engage. Does it stay on? If it does you have freon in your system, although it may be getting low due to a slow leak. If not, the compressor clutch will engage and then disengage b/c the compressor has a low-pressure cut-off.

The obvious answer is - you need to go back to the shop and have the system pressure checked. Also, you mentioned that you would check the cabin filter by opening the glove compartment. You may already know this, but you have to actually remove the glove compartment in order to get to the two filters. If you're going to go through the trouble you might as well put in new ones.

4BANGR

Reaction score
I have seen this problem on many hondas and other imports, if the clutch is working then you have enufe refrigerant in the system ok bare with me this should fix your problem....

it sounds like the compressor clutch coil is drawing to much current and either overheating the relay or failing its self when it gets to hot check the coil resistance it should be 24-28 ohms at 68 degrees check it again when it shuts down see if you have an open circuit or very low resistance so to make it simple go to the DEALER and buy an a/c relay that should fix it if it happens again you no the coil is bad or theres an open circuit somewhere hope this helps.

Back