ACCORD CL1 EURO R HELICAL LSD in the F23 USDM 5spd?

SKUNKWRKZ

Reaction score
What I am wondering is if this has been done or attempted? Searched and found some full H22 swaps that used the LSD tranny with it but none mentioning swapping Honda's factory helical LSD from the Euro R CL1 into our usdm tranny.........Thinking about pulling the trigger and trying it. Does anybody has any insight into this?

SKUNKWRKZ

Reaction score
never heard of it but i say gooo for it anything will work if it bolts up

Decided to go ahead and buy one as I got it with sub 30K mileage on it for about what the OBX LSD costs. I will be posting pics and perhaps a good DIY if it all works out and is not cost prohibitive. Just picked up a 45K F23 Tranny and I have been saving an ACT clutch and Flywheel for a fresh engine with a Bisi Nitrous cam for a while.....anyway, look for pics and feedback over the next 2-3 weeks.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Guessing he doesn't want to spend the money on a whole non-USDM transmission, when the really only big difference is the LSD.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Ahhh I took it as he purchased the complete euro-r transmission and was going to swap the LSD into his f23 trans. I don't blame him the t2w4 goes for about 1k and that's if you can find them, usually nobody wants to part them from the motor.

SKUNKWRKZ

Reaction score
Guessing he doesn't want to spend the money on a whole non-USDM transmission, when the really only big difference is the LSD.

You are correct sir....along with wanting to keep the taller gear ratios as ultimately the F23 will see some form of FI

Chorilored

Reaction score
any updates OP? this is something i would like to have on the stock f23 trans.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
From what I've read the LSD unit will swap into any h23 h22 f22 f23 tranny.

I read that the Mfactory lsd is solid. Just in case anyone was looking into doing this and where to get the differential from.. http://www.ng2squared.com/MFactory-HONDA-H22F20B-Helical-LSD_p_14.html

Op glad to see you found a oem one. Now post up pics and an update.

Oh and if things don't work out for you, I'd be glad to take this off your hands:naughty:

Back