Acura RL BBK Upgrade

KnightRyder

Reaction score
i think he means to apply HONDA decal onto the polished strip, then paint it black, then peel up the letters to reveal polished honda logo.

but its too late, i already painted it all silver in anticipation of the black strip with silver honda logo.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
duplicolor caliper paint.

i've read reviews saying duplicolor is ****, yada yada yada. those people need to realize that the outcome is not soley based on the quality of the paint, its the quality of your prep. so im hoping that i'll be ok since i've degreased these things like 10 times throughout the process and that i've oven cured them at 200F and will probably go thorough several more curing sessions in my oven as i add the layers of paint (silver, black band, silver logo, clear) i plan on oven curing it at 200F for 1-1.5 hrs after each layer so that i can expedite the process of layering.

i'll have new pics up tomorrow after i spray the black band. im also hoping to have my stencil made tomorrow.

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
if you're so eager to see the finished product go do it yourself

Well, it would always be best to see whether someone completed it first right? What if someone tries to do it themselves and runs into some problems? Then the car becomes unusable unless they revert back to their old brake system which is a hassle. KnightRyder is doing a great job with his BBK so far and all of us are just trying to make sure that if we ever do it, we do as good of a job like him. If your going to tell people to do this themselves and not use other people's guides as a reference, you might as well just delete the entire DIY section of the forum and have everyone think of their own ways to put mods on their cars. Sorry, but not everyone is as smart as you and some people would rather have a reference on how to do things in order to get it done the most simple and safest way.

I'm looking forward to seeing the end results :D!

PS: Stop being such a troll :).

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Well, it would always be best to see whether someone completed it first right? What if someone tries to do it themselves and runs into some problems? Then the car becomes unusable unless they revert back to their old brake system which is a hassle. KnightRyder is doing a great job with his BBK so far and all of us are just trying to make sure that if we ever do it, we do as good of a job like him. If your going to tell people to do this themselves and not use other people's guides as a reference, you might as well just delete the entire DIY section of the forum and have everyone think of their own ways to put mods on their cars. Sorry, but not everyone is as smart as you and some people would rather have a reference on how to do things in order to get it done the most simple and safest way.

I'm looking forward to seeing the end results :D!

PS: Stop being such a troll :).

Its attitude like this that has made other members,0 in the past, stop updating their thread even though people were very interested in their progress.

if you have a problem with me send a pm, lets be civil please

Back